Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how long can you go without a perm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sexyyella316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyyella316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how long can you go without a perm
    Posted: April 29 2006 at 7:10pm
I can go atleast three months without a perm
Arita a.k.a Sexyyella316
BabyImaStarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyImaStarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 7:21pm
I am currently 18 weeks post relaxer and I think that I am going to relax in about 2 weeks.
http://public.fotki.com/babyimastarr
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 8:50pm
I only relax twice a year...every six months. You CAN go without a perm for a very long time...the only deal is that many people simply don't WANT to.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 8:34am
2  years
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 7:38pm
I think 6 months is the longest I would ever like to go without.
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
sweetalmond2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetalmond2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 10:25pm
I agree with  Renata22, I only relax my hair twice a year. I find my hair grows better and there is less breakage. 
To all my international sistas, thanks I appreciate your help.
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 11:19pm
I am hairstylist of 20years and it depends on the person hair, if it thicks and you go a long time such as 10, 15 weeks and beyond you will get a lot of shredding, and it even breaks most of the time.The line of demarcation can be a killer on hair so you have to be very careful. The person life style their climate, and so many other factors come into play with relaxer. 95% of my clients are press and curl. I really do dislike relaxers.
lovelove
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 3:32am

Well I went 2+ years without getting one and I know if I feel the need again I can do it LOL. But for right now I get a touch-up done huhmmmm every other month or season (sorry it all depends on how I feel).

ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

mayfletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayfletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 7:00am
How do you keep your new growth straight? Do any of you manage to do it with out heat? If so how?
BrownDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 3:07pm
Doesn't it also depend upon hair type.  For example someone with fine 3a/b hair can probably go longer than someone with say thick 4a/b hair.   I dunno.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 10:57am
I'm sure I could go forever without one, but recently it's every 4months or so.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:40pm
I have two months to go and that will be my first 6 month stretch.  I don't straighten my newgrowth I just put my hair in a style when I go to bed that will put tension on my new growth or a style that will flatten it.
Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
longhairgrower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairgrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 7:51pm

For some reason it is hard for me to stretch my relaxers because If I go past 8 weeks my hair starts to break off badly. Evertime I comb my hair I see long strands with no white bulb so I think its breakage.  Does anyone know what I could do to help me stretch my relaxers without the bad breakage.

longhairgrower

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 9:43pm
I have really coarse, thick hair. The trick is that I don't get it relaxed really straight. Texlaxed, I think they call it. I love it. I love natural hair, but I just couldn't handle the length and thickness of it, so I had my hair done like this so that I could have the kinkyness of it (even if it's not as much) without all the bulk.
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 9:28pm
At least two months for me.  The longest I went was 6 months.
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveya4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 10:47am
The longest time that ive went has been 5 monthes.  I flat iron my new growth.
Loveya4ever
http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 11:29pm
loveya4ever, is that you in the pic? If so, your hair is gorgeous. Now I have 3 people on this site to envy: you, Pokahontas, and Phoenix.

I seriously can't wait until MOST black women have long, gorgeous hair.
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 11:23am

Renata22 Congratulations I noticeed that you got another inch of growth.  I always check on your signature to see how your growing is going.

Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 11:26am
It's been almost five months for me.  Am I shedding?  Yes.  Am I glad that I'm laying off the chemcials and learning how to work with my hair's texture?  Yes.  Smile  I won't have processed hair forever, so I gotta learn to care for the real stuff now.  Wink

Edited by Supersugar - May 11 2006 at 11:30am
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 11:56pm
Thanks, tffy.

Straight and dry, IT IS NOW OFFICALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!! Air-dried "puffy", it looks a little longer than shoulder length.

And can you imagine how much longer it will look when I get it relaxed in another 4 months or so.

I'm going to lose a few centimeters this weekend, because I'm getting a trim. My stylist only "dusts" my hair and doesn't even take a half inch, so I'm lucky!!!

I wish you all could visit my stylist.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic