Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

? or Amm ,Micro rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? or Amm ,Micro rings
    Posted: May 01 2006 at 6:49am
I need the smallest ones and I want to know what size are the 2.6.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 7:02am
According to an email that I have from Chris of fortune world, the inside diamaters are listed as 2.6 2.0 and 1.7. (From my understanding the small sizes are too small for most pretips, unless you pre-tipping your own small tips. )
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 9:58am
Whatever size the medium ones that are listed at 2.6 on amm's site are the ones I use.  The large ones (listed as 3.0) were too big to put in my fine hair.  Every now and then a pre-tipped strand won't fit into the ring, but for the most part I haven't had any trouble and I like how the ring doesn't slip before I can crimp it!  I use a self made tool for the rings instead of a hook.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 10:58am
I use the rings with the inside diameter of 2mm (so maybe the total diameter is 2.6?).  The smallest ones that I have are 1.5 inside diameter and those are too small, while the largest rings are too big, they slip a lot.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 11:07am
I was using the small ones that Amm had. I have never had a problem getting the tips in. If some are a bit to big I just cut the tip on a downward angle a bit and it goes right in. I have some of the med ones and there to big. Dose any one know a good price on line for the 2mm I think that's what they must be.
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 11:14am

The smallest ones Amm had were the medium (2.6mm).  I am thinking the medium are outside diameter of 2.6mm and inside of 2.0mm.  That would make the large ones 3.0 outiside and 2.6 inside.  She never carried the smallest ones.  Maybe she will chime in on this...

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 1:49pm
I know she had three sizes. Now she's down to two.
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 2:14pm
Ouch!  My head hurts, this is sooo confusing! 
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 4:59pm

LOL it is confusing....The ones I have are 3.0 with a 2.6 inside diameter.

I know Amm has or had at least two sizes. But are the sizes listed the inside or outside diameter?

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 5:46am
I guess I will be going back to the store to get them. They charge more but I'm afraid to order the 2.6 and end up with another bag I can't use  the store dosent list the size either.Amm had them listed as large, med and small when she had three sizes. I hope she comes on here soon to clear this up.
gerrigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerrigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 6:22am
I have some of both Med and small.  I will try to post pictures later for you. The med is the most popular and easiest to use esp if you pre tip your own.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 6:46am
Thats OK Gerri, I have all three but we just don't know what size they are and if they are measuring just inside or from the out side. and since they make more than three sizes it gets more confusing. I think Amm is the only one who can tell us if the 2.6 was her smallest or med. She either got rid of her large or the small ones.
gerrigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerrigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 8:11am
I gotch ya now. I can check my past invoices to see what I ordered
gerrigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerrigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 8:27am

These are the two sizes I got from Shrinkies. I ordered the 2mm which she names Med. They are the ones on the left. They are very small. And the 2.6mm are on the right. she called them Lrg. Just right for me.

I can't see any being smaller than 2mm because they are very tiny.I like the 2.6mm they seem to be perfect for doing on yourself esp if you like to pretip your own hair.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 4:22pm
thanks Gerri, it's the 2mm I'm after. Any one seen them at a good price on line?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic