Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

she did it again...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: she did it again...
    Posted: May 01 2006 at 9:53pm

i started going to see this beautician...mainly because she books "by appt. only"...Every once in a while..i have to get stuck with one of her clients because she's waiting on a hair color, or something comes up, and our appts. overlap..

This one client was stuck waiting for hair color from another beautician, so we had to be in the same booth with two chairs together...this i didn't mind..but then when the beautician left, and her assistant was there, this client began asking very personal questions about where i live, how much did it cost to live there..this i didn't mind either..but she was asking this while i was leaned back in the shampoo bowl..she was leaning over me a few inches away from my face while i'm trying to enjoy getting my hair washed..i thought if she got any closer while i was on my back, i would have to request an up-front payment for services rendered.

i let that one slide...then my beautician bought a new place of her own..it took me 2 1/2 hours to get there..which i didn't really mind...but this time when i arrived, tired, hungry..there's another client sitting in the booth..she was just as "ghetto" as the last person i had to deal with..and worse..she began asking the personal questions, how much were my earrings, clothes, wear do i shop, her boyfriend just "got a job as police man payin' $72,000 a year", stuff i really don't want to know..

Then she started asking the beautician about her makeup, and would stand up and lean over me to get in the beautician's face checking out her eye makeup...then while she was there, she began digging around in my head, and asking questions about my hair growth, length, what type of extensions i used in the back, and "How do ya git yo' haeh so long to begin wi'?

i looked at my beautician who tried to make light of the situation, and say, isn't it nice that we're women? and that we come from different backgrounds? 

Yeah, that's real nice..but when you've paid for a time slot for yourself, and you're expecting at least that  45 minutes to an hour's time, you've driven 2 1/2 hours to have this ..then next thing you know, you're playing  "Teletubbies" and "Getting to know you", and "Clueless" all at the same time..it's not real nice..

it sucks..yes..if you're a private person like myself..it sucks the mother of all the weinies!!!

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by femmemuscle femmemuscle wrote:

i started going to see this beautician...mainly because she books "by appt. only"...Every once in a while..i have to get stuck with one of her clients because she's waiting on a hair color, or something comes up, and our appts. overlap..

This one client was stuck waiting for hair color from another beautician, so we had to be in the same booth with two chairs together...this i didn't mind..but then when the beautician left, and her assistant was there, this client began asking very personal questions about where i live, how much did it cost to live there..this i didn't mind either..but she was asking this while i was leaned back in the shampoo bowl..she was leaning over me a few inches away from my face while i'm trying to enjoy getting my hair washed..i thought if she got any closer while i was on my back, i would have to request an up-front payment for services rendered.

i let that one slide...then my beautician bought a new place of her own..it took me 2 1/2 hours to get there..which i didn't really mind...but this time when i arrived, tired, hungry..there's another client sitting in the booth..she was just as "ghetto" as the last person i had to deal with..and worse..she began asking the personal questions, how much were my earrings, clothes, wear do i shop, her boyfriend just "got a job as police man payin' $72,000 a year", stuff i really don't want to know..

Then she started asking the beautician about her makeup, and would stand up and lean over me to get in the beautician's face checking out her eye makeup...then while she was there, she began digging around in my head, and asking questions about my hair growth, length, what type of extensions i used in the back, and "How do ya git yo' haeh so long to begin wi'?

i looked at my beautician who tried to make light of the situation, and say, isn't it nice that we're women? and that we come from different backgrounds? 

Yeah, that's real nice..but when you've paid for a time slot for yourself, and you're expecting at least that  45 minutes to an hour's time, you've driven 2 1/2 hours to have this ..then next thing you know, you're playing  "Teletubbies" and "Getting to know you", and "Clueless" all at the same time..it's not real nice..

it sucks..yes..if you're a private person like myself..it sucks the mother of all the weinies!!!

Aww, maybe you should seek out a more "professional" hair stylist.

The highlighted part made me crack up though.

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
Jamgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 9:41am
Originally posted by femmemuscle femmemuscle wrote:

Femme, I dont mean to laugh at your demise...but girl, you're so funny!I like the way you express yourself.  Are you still seeing this beautician?

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:01pm

Wow 2 1/2 hours is a long time to travel to get your hair done. 

Next time slap that girl back into her seat ...lol  or you can slap the foolishness out of her too.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 7:34pm

i started seeing this beautician, Margaret about 9 months ago.She has her own website..and yes..that's her on the homepage..www.margaretsbraidsandweaves.com

i was seeing a woman in Las Vegas, due to my traveling all over the country ...for over 5 years...and we became pretty close..until she borrowed money...still has yet to pay me...gawd...

The one before that had me looking like Sinead O'connor after trying out her newly certified "great lengths" on my head, with a relaxer AND hair color AT THE SAME TIME... what the hell was she thinking?..i didn't have  clue about hair colors and relaxers until waaay after the fact...

i don't believe all extensionist, hairstylist, beauticians, whatever..are all "flakes"...but man, it seems i really know how to pick them..When i am interviewing them, they have impressive resumes, certifications, and portfolios..

Yes, some of them have portfolios...and for some strange reason...give them time, and they start screwing up...i have an appt. with her in 6 weeks...and i'll have to give her a warning..the next time a client comes anywhere within my parameters..i'll have no other recourse but to tear her tits off..hers and the client's...

Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 9:42pm
  Oh my goodness.  I really feel for you.
msmyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 1:06am
femmemuscle....You crack me up!!!LOL  I was sitting in the waiting room at the Doctor's office when I thought about your last couple of sentences---I burst into hysterical laughter, tears streaming down my face.  I never could explain to the receptionist what I was so tickled about.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic