Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neutral protein filler&other questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
neoclassical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoclassical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neutral protein filler&other questions
    Posted: May 03 2006 at 12:54am
Several months ago I tried to dye my hair light brown (natural color is a light orange/copper) and it didn't work too well.  It came out too dark and then started fading a bit each day, even though it was permanent color.  Right now it has completely faded and the natural color is back, or at least really close to it, but I'm determined to dye it again. I was wondering, is my only option at this point to use demi permanent color with a protein filler, or would permanent color work? This time I was thinking of going with a lighter color, dark neutral blond and 30 volume developer since my hair didn't seem to lighten at all with 20 volume.  I can't seem to find any specific information on how you're suposed to use a protein filler though, do you have to use it before coloring, or can you just add it directly to the color before putting it on? Also one last thing, once the hair is colored, do you have to use a filler regularly to keep it from fading, or is once enough(except for new growth/root touch-ups)?
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 3:03am

The instructions on the filler usually say you have 2 options: (1) apply the filler before coloring for 20 minutes; or (2) add a certain amount to the color and apply all at once.  I know the protein filler can be used regulary as a protein rebuilder-type treatment (like some conditioners rebuild protein), but I don't know if it helps maintain color or not.

angl96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angl96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 8:49am

"This time I was thinking of going with a lighter color, dark neutral blond and 30 volume developer since my hair didn't seem to lighten at all with 20 volume."

Haircolor to dye blonde lighter only works if your hair is light blonde to begin with. The only thing lifting your hair is the developer not the color itself.what color is your hair now? If it is in the blonde catagory than yes haircolor may work

yes protein fillers is suppose to help your hair become stronger. Like conditoner. All in all if your hair is damaged its damaged. Condtioners help (especially thick ones) because they help your hair cuticle stay down.And it helps give you that fake healthy look in your hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic