Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gibson Girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gibson Girl
    Posted: February 16 2001 at 7:41pm
Does anyone know how to do the Gibson Girl Hairstyle. I would like to replicate it on me but I don`t know how the back is done as I`ve never seen it close-up.

Thank you.....
emme
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2001 at 11:52am
Reply to message: 24.200.1
I actually wore my hair in a Gibson Girl for my wedding! We won`t mention it was back in the 1980s....! I`m sure there are different ways to achieve it, and this is hardly the "healthiest" way, but I needed my hair to stay in place for quite awhile, obviously! My hair is fine, so my stylist back-combed it (yes, I hear your gasps!) quite a bit. However, there may be "inserts" that can be placed under the hair for fullness. I think the basic concept is that it should not be pulled "tight," yet it must be secure enough to stay up -- not necessarily an easy combination! Fortunately, I had several little wisps of hair on the sides and back which really adds to the effect, so set those little hairs loose!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic