Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a very unusual prom style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GadgetMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a very unusual prom style
    Posted: April 13 2003 at 4:41pm
I have an unusual prom dress (bright red, completely sequined, custom fitted) with which I'd like to wear my slightly above the shoulder dark brown/black hair in an unusual style. I am thinking of the 40s movie star Veronica Lake, who had slightly wavey hair pulled back on one side and falling over her eye on the other. I would have this done in a salon, but I am looking for advice on what to tell the stylist. I did this style once before going out, and it turned out very nice. I'm wondering if maybe i should wear my version to the salon so the stylist has an idea of what I want. Any advice on this style, unusual because it's neither curly nor an updo, would be appreciated.
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 9:08pm
It sounds like you already know exactly what you want. You've tried out this style before and were pleased with it - have you considered doing your own hair?

If you still want to have it professionally done, then yes, you could make a trip to the salon to show your stylist what it is you want. Make sure you do this in advance though and that you're definitely going to speak to the same person who's doing your hair on the actual day. Might be an idea to keep a photograph when you go to your actual hair appointment in case your original stylist had to cancel on you for whatever reason.

Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure your hair will look great. Good luck!:)

~Cait x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic