Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I Want A New Style No One Has Ever Worn Before For My Prom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Want A New Style No One Has Ever Worn Before For My Prom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gessie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Want A New Style No One Has Ever Worn Before For My Prom
    Posted: April 16 2003 at 1:50pm
OK so I told my stylist I want a brand new style that no one has ever seen before. She told me that what I am asking is impossible because even though different hair in different colors can look slightly unique, ultimately there is only so much you can do with hair. Does this sound right to yall here? I am thinking she just doesn't want to make the effort to help me get something no one else has ever had.
angela t. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angela  t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 3:38pm
Hun, I think she's having a hard time trying to figure out what to do. Why don't you help her by giving her something to start with? For example, you can tell her that you want her to incorporate cornrows to acheive this style. I think if you combine different kinds of styles, you'll be able to wear an updo no one has ever worn to prom before.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 7:16pm
Hi Gessie,

A photo speaks a million words. Also, keep in mind that it is very hard to go to a stylist and just say "please do something no one else has done". There are tons of photos of updos here at HairBoutique.com in the Prom section.

You can start at:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/promstyles.htm
New updos and styles are posted her on a weekly basis...so be sure to check back frequently at:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/promhairnewarticles.htm

Why not look at the various articles and then print the photos of the styles you like best and take them to your stylist and discuss how you might have the look customized for you...so you do have something original and unique.

Another thing you can do is to customize your look with hair accessories. Even if you go with a standard French Twist, you can customize it with your very own accessories ranging from very elegant to fun and edgy.

So do a little homework, print out some photos and try again. You can also browse the many hundreds or photos in the HB Galleries at:
http://gallery.hairboutique.com/default.asp

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
shelton@hairboutique.com

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 7:32pm
Gessie,

I agree with Angela and Karen. A photo helps so much and then if you tell the stylist how you might want to customize it with curls or braids or dreads or whatever, you can have a look that is completely and totally your own.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic