Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

touch-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stickiky18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickiky18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: touch-up
    Posted: May 05 2006 at 12:09pm
does getting a shape-up make ur hair grow faster than just letting it grow without getting one?
im the king of the dirty see me seated in the thrown overuled other dudes like cesaer did rome
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 3:30pm
Nope. Cutting the ends of your hair doesn't affect what happens at the roots. (Although some people say that trimming on certain days makes it grow faster. don't personally believe in it but it seems to have some reference to what you were saying-morrocan method)

I think what some people mean by that is that if you cut off the damaged hair at the bottom, it won't travel up the hair shaft and break off higher up. If you take good care of your hair there's no real need to cut it at all apart from to make it more aesthetically pleasing if you are that way inclined.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 11:22pm

Well I was recently reading about ppl widely reporting that their hair grows faster after a trim.  I don't think there is any scientific reason for it....maybe it's just anecdotal evidence here?  However, one theory was that the roots sense a change in weight of the hair and so compensate by producing more growth.  Sounds feasible I guess.....but I just don't know.

One thing I DO know from personal experience is that your hair will LOOK better while it's growing out and this may make the time go faster

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic