Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do any blondes suit ALL skin tones?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do any blondes suit ALL skin tones?
    Posted: May 07 2006 at 9:32am
I really want Jessica Simpson hair (wouldnt mind her face either ) so
am going to attempt to get colour similar to hers.

My question is i have very pale skin (its almost ghostly white) id say i have
a cool complexion (pink cheeks) and brown/green eyes (my natural hair
colour is about a 6-light brown). I tan a little bit but freckle as well so i
dont usually bother going into the sun.

My plan was to fake tan on a regular basis but im wondering if there are
any blonde tones out there that look good on all skin tones? Ive chosen 3
highlight colours which are mostly white/pale golden blondes and my
hairdresser is going to do bleach highlights as well. Shes really not keen
on it though because she thinks i'll end up looking like a sl*t and i cant
help but think that she might be right i really really want blonde hair
though!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?

Thanx
Hayley :)
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 10:35am
  • If you have a blemished skin avoid the solid all-over colours that are really very blonde or very dark. These two extremes are really only flattering to those under 25 and with clear skins.
  • If you have pinkish tones in your cheeks, across your nose or have a tendency to blush, avoid the pinky reds e.g. burgundy's, wine reds and mahoganies.
  • Your skin tone is categorized as being either cool (yellow based or dark) or warm (fair or pinkish undertones).

If you have cool skin tones the basic rule is avoid too much yellow in your hair colour as your hair and skin will begin to blend. Colour's that may work for you are:

• Light ash-blondes,
    • Coffee and cendre/fawn mid-level blondes,
    • Flat browns,
    • Wine, mahogany and burgundy reds,
    • Aubergine/eggplant and blue/green dark browns and blacks.

If you have a warm skin tone avoid too much ash in your hair colour as this can make you appear pale and drawn. Try colours within these ranges:

• Honey light blondes,
    • Strawberry and golden mid-level blondes,
    • Warm chocolate browns,
    • Ginger or orange based reds,
    • Dark browns with a hint of rust.
  • Your eye colour in combination with how dark or light your skin is plays a big part in how light or how dark a colour should be, to bring out your best rather than to wash you out. Try this for a guide:
    • Light eye colour with dark skin or dark eye colour with light skin: anything goes.
    • Light eyes with light skin: stay light/fair with your hair depth.
    • Light eyes medium skin/ Medium eye depth with light skin - try colours light to medium in depth.
    • Medium eye colour depth, medium skin- only the dark blondes and light browns are for you.
    • Medium eyes with dark skin/ Dark eyes with medium skin - stay with the dark to medium level colours in your hair.

Hope this helps a bit

Edited by Miffny
rapture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 5:03pm
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 1:33am
That's always a handy chart to have printed out .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 2:58am
Thanks for the tips guys :) those are handy charts!
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 5:45pm
I think I was born with the wrong haircolour 

I'm cool skin toned like you - very pale skin, but I have grey eyes, and yet naturally I have very warm golden blonde hair that looks absolutely ridiculous on my head - so naturally I'm both cool and warm coloured!....  The warmth of my natural colour brings out ANY redness on my face and then I look so young and blotchy...that's why I've been dying it darker for 2 years and it suits me so much better.  However, I reckon if I'd have been born with a more ash blonde, or even if my hair had stayed platinum (like it was when I was 3) then I woudn't have changed it so drastically.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 4:18pm
Your colouring is similar to mine, except by the looks of it your skin is
flawless (youre so lucky!!). I have to contend with stupid freckles but they
do fade away mostly in winter so yay!
You look great with dark hair, just trying to think of which actress you
remind me of lol I can see how you would suit platinum hair as well cos
your complexion is so perfect.
Its weird how nature stuffs things up sometimes lol I kinda compare it to
really skinny people having HUGE boobs which they have to get reduced
or vice versa-whats the point!

Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Miffny Miffny wrote:

• If you have a blemished skin avoid the solid all-over colours that are really very blonde or very dark. These two extremes are really only flattering to those under 25 and with clear skins.
  • If you have pinkish tones in your cheeks, across your nose or have a tendency to blush, avoid the pinky reds e.g. burgundy's, wine reds and mahoganies.
  • Your skin tone is categorized as being either cool (yellow based or dark) or warm (fair or pinkish undertones).

If you have cool skin tones the basic rule is avoid too much yellow in your hair colour as your hair and skin will begin to blend. Colour's that may work for you are:

• Light ash-blondes,
    • Coffee and cendre/fawn mid-level blondes,
    • Flat browns,
    • Wine, mahogany and burgundy reds,
    • Aubergine/eggplant and blue/green dark browns and blacks.

If you have a warm skin tone avoid too much ash in your hair colour as this can make you appear pale and drawn. Try colours within these ranges:

• Honey light blondes,
    • Strawberry and golden mid-level blondes,
    • Warm chocolate browns,
    • Ginger or orange based reds,
    • Dark browns with a hint of rust.
  • Your eye colour in combination with how dark or light your skin is plays a big part in how light or how dark a colour should be, to bring out your best rather than to wash you out. Try this for a guide:
    • Light eye colour with dark skin or dark eye colour with light skin: anything goes.
    • Light eyes with light skin: stay light/fair with your hair depth.
    • Light eyes medium skin/ Medium eye depth with light skin - try colours light to medium in depth.
    • Medium eye colour depth, medium skin- only the dark blondes and light browns are for you.
    • Medium eyes with dark skin/ Dark eyes with medium skin - stay with the dark to medium level colours in your hair.

Hope this helps a bit

From what I have read and what many cosmetic manufacturers follow - the 'cool' skin colors are more the blue-based ones  and the 'warm' ones are the yellow based.   Hence the yellow-based peach-toned skin is warm.   And those with peachy skin do look far better in gold-tone or reddish hair.

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic