Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dieter’s Tea Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dieter’s Tea Review
    Posted: May 07 2006 at 10:02am

Hi everyone,

I'm from the extensions board, but wanted to pop in here and give a review of this dieter's tea I bought.  I got it at Vitamin World.  The active ingredient is an herb called "Senna".  I did a little research before I tried it.  Basically it works on the lower intestines and bowells.  It makes you, how can I say this politely, go to the bathroom.  I decided to try it because I have a very slow digestive system and food sits a little longer in me than it should, causing bloating, etc...   So I made the tea and drank it.  About 5-7 hours later I felt the feeling you get when you have to GO!!!  So I went to the bathroom and felt a ton lighter, plus my stomache seemed to become a bit flatter.  I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and though I don't know if it's helping me to lose weight, it certainly is helping me become "regular".  I might also try taking some daily fiber which is supposed to help do the same thing. 

hollyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 4:15pm
Hey BirdOfEden,

I use Dieters Tea and I have a slow digestive system as well. It really works especially if you work out and try to eat healthy. I just started using it again yesterday and I feel lighter already. The only problem is it makes me feel a little sick and you are not suppose to use it more than a week I think.
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 7:18pm

Hi Hollyhood!

It's nice to hear from someone else who uses it.  Does it make you feel nauseous?  Luckily I haven't experienced that.  Maybe if you take it with something like a meal.  I know some vitamins can make you sick if you don't eat them with a meal.    I wonder why it says not to use it more than a week.  I have to admit I've been breaking the rules.  It says to only steep it for, hmmmm, I think it was two minutes, but I'm letting it go now for 10, and I have used it twice in one day.   Maybe I should check into that.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 10:41pm

You should be careful with that tea-- too much Senna can cause heart problems due to electrolyte imbalances.  You also run the risk (with any sort of laxative, I think) that if you use it too often, your body will get dependent on it, and you won't be able to have normal bowel movements without it.

More awesome than a manatee!
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 7:43pm
I have been using SmoothMove Tea and I believe it is not working as it hasn't been speeding up my metabolism. What am I doing wrong? Also, what about Citricel? I know you are supposed to use it if you are irregular but can you use it for dieting?

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 6:15pm
Senna does not make you loose weight. Senna is a stimulant which causes the bowls to have contractions, therefor expulsing whatever feces are sitting inside them. It is not addictive but you should not abouse it. Also, if you are not taking fiber with it, it is not cleansing your colon. It is just having a laxative effect. In other words is just liquifiying your feces. Yes it will make you go more often because of the contractions it causes your bowl to have(in other words, you can get the same effect with an over the counter laxative). But only fiber containing Syllium (sp?) will actually adhere to the walls of the intestins and scrape out the harden mucus and feces that have been sitting there for years. And if you don't drink enough water while taking senna you will loose electrolytes and become dehydrated.

If you want to loose some weight and actually cure constipation you need to do a colon cleanse. I discovered this recently while doing some search on colonics. I came across this website: DRnatura.com. I was skeptical, but after looking at their picture gallery,  I had to order it. OMG, it is true. The stuff in the pictures really does come out of you. My sisters are doing the cleanse too and one of them is actually passing worms! Yuck. She has always suffered from constipation, and we just found out while researching this stuff, that people with this problem are the ones who usually have worms and stuff. Because their feces sit inside of them for so long, it gives parasite eggs a chance to hatch. I've never had a problem with constipation, but had alot of the symtoms described: fatigue, dark under eye circles, difficulty sleeping, allergies, uncontrolable cravings for sugar and salty foods etc. So I decided to give it a try. OMG! you won't believe what will come out of you. The pictures they show you are real. We are a walking septic tank.

I've been on the cleanse for almost a month. My dark circles are almost 100% gone, my energy is back, so I started to exersice again, my sugar cravings are gone and so are my allergies. And praise the lord I am sleeping like a log.

Your immune system will become stronger and you will be able to digest your food better, so it will help control your weight. Plus you will loose some weight since the average person carries between 5 and 25 pounds of old fecal matter in their colon. You will become regular, eliminating the need for laxatives. So look into it and give it a try. Is worth it.

Oh, and the only tea that actually helps metabolism is green tea. So don't waste your money on anything else.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic