Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aluminium micro rings from Hairpiece

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aluminium micro rings from Hairpiece
    Posted: May 08 2006 at 7:07am

Hi, a newb here :-)  I spent an ENTIRE day yesterday learning from this forum, a wealth of information - amazing!

A friend of mine who had a beauty supply business gave me 6 packs of hair well over a year ago. I wasn't too sure about extensions then & thought my hair to be too short...  wanted to wait until my hair grew out to below my shoulders, silly me.  So, I have 2 packs of MilkyWay Platinums (14 inches) and 4 MilkyWay regular packs (16 & 18 inches), all yaki's (? - stick straight) to work with...  Woohoo. I don't know how good MilkyWay's are, but the Platinums feel like million dollars. Too bad they are in wefts - would need to pretip.

I decided to try Micro Rings DIY. Looked fairly staight foward. Then, I read the other threads about people having allergic reactions to copper micro rings because some have nickle in them. I'm allergic to nickle. I was about to change course to shrinkies when I found supposedly a different type of micro ring or tube at http://www.hairpiece.com/product.asp?pf_id=BALTU. They are made of aluminium. Has anyone tried these aluminium micro rings/links? With my nickle allergy, I want to make sure before purchasing all supplies. Otherwise, would have to go for shrinkies, which I'm not too thrilled about only because they seem a little harder to do for a newb. :-)

Also, after browsing the net for a while, I found out that YAKI's are for African American hair?  And Silky Straights are for Caucasian hair?  I'm Asian. Do you think I can get away with YAKI's?

Thanks for reading this long posting & thanks for your response in advance. 

Edited by Trip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic