Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 6:07am
Ladyfrog.....you NEVER need an excuse to post a pic!!! Wow...your hair is looking sooooooo stunning!!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 7:50am
Thank you riniEmbarrassed

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 12:25pm
Gorgeous LadyFrog, just gorgeous!  WO seems to suit your hair very well! Clap  And I agree with Rini, no excuses are ever needed to post new photos.  (I would post something different myself, but I am temporarily "new-photo-challenged").
Carie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 11:34pm
Wow LadyFrog, your hair's gorgeous! How did u get so much oils down the whole length? Your hair's looking so thick and healthy too! I usually go 1 week/6 days between WOs and it continues for two weeks or more. Can't complete the third week, it gets dirty. OOh btw, what do u do when it's dirty?

Contgrats LadyFrog. On your hair successSmile

Edit: Sorry I forgot u SK, right? But I don't have SK, it's not available here. What do i do??

Edited by Carie - June 20 2006 at 12:07am
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 10:42am

Wow, LadyFrog, that is some great WO hair you've got there!!!Clap

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 11:44am
Thanks everyoneBig smile
Carie- I don't think my hair really gets dirty for some reason. At the worst phase it was a bit oily and piecy but I never get really greasy. Or do you mean actual dirt, like earth and stuff (there have been more random things than that found in my hair before now...lol)

Sorry if I confused you, reading back through my posts, when I said SK I was referring in short to Special Kitty.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 12:49pm
My hair loves WO.I tried to go back to shampoo with awful results. One shampoo was a natural shampoo bar,and it left the worst results.

Your hair is looking gorgeous Ladyfrog. I cant wait til mine is that long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 4:34pm

I'm going to give WO a try again. I'm down to washing hair only once or twice a week with CO. I've been practicing distributing the sebum onto the length with fingers only. And I've got a great and easy new updo (sock bun) that will help with the transition. And last, but not least, I just invested in a chlorine filter for my shower. I think the residual chlorine in my water was not helping my hair one bit, and the filter makes my water more like rain water. So I'm ready to go on WO.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 8:48am
Wow! Your hair looks amazing! The waves are really defined these days.

Edited by Hellfrozeover - July 04 2006 at 8:48am
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

I buckled last night.my hair was sooo itchy I couldnt take it anymore.So I did a ACV rinse.After a good  scalp massage as well everything feels and looks great again.Maybe I should have waited before trying WO since I'm still learning what works best for my hair in its virgin state.

Sorry, but I'm confused.  Earlier you said that your hair was shaved.  I just assumed that all your hair was all shaved off, but apparently you have some hair.  With extremely short hair, the oil travels down to the end of the end much faster than with extremely long hair, so I'm rather confused as to why you're not washing your hair.  I would think that your scalp, even if it has a little bit of hair would need washed much more frequently.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by anne6000 anne6000 wrote:

Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

I buckled last night.my hair was sooo itchy I couldnt take it anymore.So I did a ACV rinse.After a good  scalp massage as well everything feels and looks great again.Maybe I should have waited before trying WO since I'm still learning what works best for my hair in its virgin state.

Sorry, but I'm confused.  Earlier you said that your hair was shaved.  I just assumed that all your hair was all shaved off, but apparently you have some hair.  With extremely short hair, the oil travels down to the end of the end much faster than with extremely long hair, so I'm rather confused as to why you're not washing your hair.  I would think that your scalp, even if it has a little bit of hair would need washed much more frequently.

I think in an earlier post LHD said she was a fast grower, possibly an inch a month or something so she could have some hair again. It's good to start something healthy with short hair though as it means the longer it gets, it'll still be in great condition.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 2:31pm
HFO- they're plait waves  Thanks though!
Good to hear that you're trying WO now SK!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 12:08pm
I'm on day 5 of WO (I haven't washed my hair since Monday, and that wash was with water). My hair is surprisingly clean feeling, some sebum but not much. Last night when I combed and brushed my hair looked a bit like Katherine Hepburn hair.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 3:20pm
HFO is right.I do have some hair,not much,but some.Plus I figured what better time to try out WO.I'm going to slowly introduce my hair to washing methods,and only if necessary.My hair doesnt like WO.It makes my scalp itchy.

And as far as the oiliness goes,I find the longer my hair the oilier it gets.Right now its well moisturized but not the grease pit it would be at mid back length.I literally had to wash it every day to make it look clean.I figure if I treat my hair real good this time though I might be able to avoid the overly oily hair.
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 11:21pm
I am curious about the Water Only routine, but I'm wondering, since I have extremely DRY hair, if it's NOT for me. Am I correct in reading that your head will get used to not shampooing and start to produce less oil?
At this point, I only S and C my hair twice a week, sometimes only once a week, and I "oil" my hair every morning with jojoba oil, which seems to be the best my hair has ever been.
But I'm ALWAYS looking for something different to try.

What do you all think as far as someone trying "WO" with EXTREMELY dry hair???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 12:39am
Actually, I think WO make benefit those of us "dry hairs" the most......just my opinion, tho!
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 6:29am
Well, I don't have an oily scalp, I need all the oil I can get. I don't want my scalp to produce LESS oil. I did my first CO a couple days ago. turned out OK. a little on the fuzzy side, but I do have naturally wavy hair. It calmed down by the next morning. feels pretty good, but I still have to oil my ends every morning.
Still intrested in this WO thing, but at this point, I'm chicken! hehehehe I guess one of the things that appealled to me is that people are getting less shedding with doing WO. THAT would be GREAT! Lately I've noticed my hair is EVERYWHERE!!! It's starting to drive me crazy.
Are you doing the WO thing Specialkitty? I take it you have a dry head also. If you are doing the WO thing, I probably need to pay closer attention to your experiances.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 4:29pm
Hello there! Sorry I haven't checked in for a long time. I'm still Wo and staying that way. I've had commens from people saying my hair looks really nice and once a friend commented that the top part (it was plaited) looked really straight and smooth and shiny like hair commercial hai. So I guess it looks alright!

I get little or no scalp gunk-maybe one fingernail. I am rinsing as often as nesscessary but usually its just to rinse out sweat, not because my hair needs it.

The only thing I dislike about my hair at the moment is the amount that I'm shedding. A double handful everyday I reckon. Not sure if its to do with WO or if I'm just moulting :)

Good luck SK and have a go Madalyne-with dry hair you should have a much easier adjustment period and you can always use oils on the  length!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 5:22pm
That's interesting about the shedding, LF.....maybe it is just the change of seasons? I think I'd like to try WO again when I get rid of some of my dry ends (hopefully by December, the ends will be history!). For right now, I'm washing with diluted shampoo every 5-7 days.

Madeleine, I do have a dry scalp and dry hair. WO was fabulous for addressing the dryness. Don't be afraid - if it doesn't work you can always start shampooing again......
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 6:28pm
This is true! I'm going to hang on to doing the CO for a while and see what results I get. Ladyfrog's comment about all the shedding kinda worries me though. I was under the impression that WO would CUT DOWN the shedding. I'll just have to see everyone elses experiences first. I find this stuff VERY facinating!! thanks for all the info chickies! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic