Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My style is ugly, help! (with pictures)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Replica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Replica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My style is ugly, help! (with pictures)
    Posted: May 10 2006 at 8:10am

Hi, I'm an asian male, 19 years old and I live in Europe. kind of geeky, and I'm stupid with fashion. I am new in this forum. I have looked at a lot of topics, but none seem to contain the information I want. So I decided to come and ask you directly for help. I hope you can help me with my hairstyle horror.

You see, I kind of have a fear of barbers and hair stylists. The result is that the last time my hair was cut, was about 1 year ago. My hair is relatively straight and shiny (I use shampoo and conditioner almost every day, and I "style" it with cream gel.), but my hairstyle is absolutely a mess. Especially the sides. The problem is that while I should get it cut so it looks more clean, I don't want a shorter hairstyle. I want it to stay at this length, or a bit longer (until it reaches the shoulder). I don't really want to cut the sides, but maybe should I? One thing is sure though, I really have to change my haircut!

Here's some pictures:

My ugly hair at the sides:

My hair at the back/side, note the length of the hairs and the ugly style:

Not really ugly, but just to give you more impression:

This is where the sides look the most ugliest:

More pictures on how ugly the style is:

I think this is enough pictures to give you an impression of what I'm dissatisfied with. My hair is soft and not very frizzy, so that's not what I'm complaining about. I just need... some advice on my hair style. I really want medium length hair (preferably with my ears covered), but do you think it's possible? If you have any other shorter hairstyles to recommend me, then you can gladly tell me. I just need a better style, preferably one which isn't high maintenance and generally looks clean. I don't really want a messy or ultrahip style. But anything is better, so don't refrain from recommending me what to do to make it look better.

Edited by Replica
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 9:58pm
Personally, I think it looks great. Especially if you ruffle it up a bit.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Replica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Replica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 1:25am
Trust me, it's ugly. I think I may need a trim somewhere to look better. Gelling or creaming or hair spraying my hair doesn't seem to work, because after it dries out, my hair falls back to the same old position.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 11:08pm

Maybe have more layers put in, or more texture?  Just something to break up the heaviness of it and make it easier to style messily. . .

More awesome than a manatee!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 10:24pm
hmm asian living in europe.... i have to bring this up. your hair is asian hair, you cannot compared with your other european mates because they have different hair textures.
enough said.

i definetly agree with kuroneko and anais satin, you can either ruffled it up with a quality wax, wella comes to mind, or get it textured by a profesional barber or stylist. it may cost more but at least it gives you a better haircut. normally texturizing wont shorten the hair that much, it just gives it better shape. it doesnt hurt to color it a bit to add a bit of flavour to it.  choose a solid color so it wont be too wild for you. a nice medium ash brown is great for your complexion if you want to look fairer, but you want to give your skin a little tan. dark mahogany look nice. color is an option if you don't feel confortable there is no pressure to do it.
ARGHH
ms tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 9:25pm
add in some hi-lites! that would definitely break up the solid/heaviness look! and its also more fun! and texturize your hair to take out some bulk!    Big smile
spikey485 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikey485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 4:09pm
maybe cut it shorter i think youd look alright with short hair! if not change the way it is ! get more layers so its kind of like a ramp! hi lites would be great 2
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 1:43pm
replica you are right its ugly you are goodlooking, trim the sides take a hair book to your hair dresser with long hair styles and, show which you and the hairdresser think would suit you.

Edited by peter123 - July 28 2006 at 1:46pm
pr.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 11:44am
Originally posted by peter123 peter123 wrote:

replica you are right its ugly .

that wasn't very nice but back on track I also think it nice but you could grow it to your shoulders and experiment with a slicked back or beach style. HTH
indignation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indignation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 10:06am
you should try to style your hair like gackt or hacken lee or something like that..... :P google them up or something....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic