Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do tipping machines exist??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do tipping machines exist??
    Posted: May 11 2006 at 12:05am
Do you think that professional strand extension tipping machines exist?

Ive been wondering how some companies that sell hair get such perfect i-tips with their extensions!! They must be done by machine....otherwise it would take a heck of a long time as well!!

Any info would be appreciated :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 6:12am
Absolutely! Im sure they use some sort of injection molding machines or something. Most definitely done by machines!Big smile
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 10:56am
I was wondering the same thing!  I would think that there is some sort of contraption to pre tip hair!
misslou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 10:58am
i've read good things about using the extendmagic wand to pretip hair.  it's supposed to be very fast and very uniform.  not so great to install, but great for tipping.
what I'm wearing: 1 pkg 18" DLux SS #2 and protac
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 4:30pm
oh yes the extendmagic machine will work for making your own pretips. You are right misslou, I had actually forgotten about the extendmagic dojobbie!

The companies that sell hair manufacture THOUSANDS of pretips at one time. Im sure its some sort of high tech machine. I would assume something similar to a injection molding machine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 8:40pm
Thanks for the info

I would have to agree with the injection moulding machine lol would be interesting to see one in action.

What is the extendmagic wand like? is it expensive?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 8:42pm
yes...it is expensive and Im not sure on price, but I think its over $600
neosoulsenhora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neosoulsenhora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 10:03pm
I know that "beau" have it on their site to purchase and the cartiridges for it also:

http://www.beaucouphair.com/category.aspx?categoryID=6

misslou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 10:04pm
also on ebay
what I'm wearing: 1 pkg 18" DLux SS #2 and protac
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 3:57am
Hmmm, if anyone has an extend magic machine and would be willing to put together a pretipping demo... I would be in Heart.

Id be more then willing to spend $600 on a good machine that would make pretipping a breeze.

Edit:  Im more interested in pretipping bulk hair

Edited by Kalika - May 12 2006 at 3:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 4:10am
Kalika, that wouldnt be a bad idea im sure you could offer your tipping services to others on this board at a price =D if you have the time that is lol
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 5:58am
The Extend Magic is indeed really good for tipping but it takes me 1 1/4 hours to tip with keratin but 1 3/4 to tip with the Extend magic, but the bonds are way more durable than the keratin, the EM bonds under a shrinkie can be reused for the life of the hair so you have to weigh up the pros and cons really, plus a pack of 12 keratin sticks is about $10 and the cartridges for the machine are around $30 x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 7:25am
Originally posted by 222chik222 222chik222 wrote:

Kalika, that wouldnt be a bad idea im sure you could offer your tipping services to others on this board at a price =D if you have the time that is lol

Oh nu-uh, I loath tipping enough as it is, the only reason I'd want a machine is to get it out of the way faster LOL
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 10:35am

I have used the Extendmagic for tipping and think it's really slow.  I prefer to tip with a fusion wand and keratin instead.

The Extendmagic was a big waste of money, in my opinion.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 9:04am
They do have pretipping machines although I've never seen one. I have been trying to find out that answer also. It would save alot of headache.

Kalika, I'd be willing to do a demo on pretipping with the EM. I just did my first one with LG glue using a syringe (to music) for the HairExtensionsForum101 site but I don't think it's posted yet. I can do a little pretip demo with the EM and email it to people, but I have no clue how to post it on a forum. Mabey someone can enlighten me on how to post it on the forum?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 9:33am
Id like to be enlightened too....cause I have no idea how to post it ???
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 11:39am
Originally posted by elvira elvira wrote:

They do have pretipping machines although I've never seen one. I have been trying to find out that answer also. It would save alot of headache.

Kalika, I'd be willing to do a demo on pretipping with the EM. I just did my first one with LG glue using a syringe (to music) for the HairExtensionsForum101 site but I don't think it's posted yet. I can do a little pretip demo with the EM and email it to people, but I have no clue how to post it on a forum. Mabey someone can enlighten me on how to post it on the forum?

if you want, you can email me the photos and I can put them up here for you.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 11:45am
the lg demo is in video format.
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 3:28pm
Amanda, does it take you that long to pre-tip enough for a whole head, or to do one weft? Right now it's taking me about 2 1/2 hours to pre-tip one pack of hair.... and I'm getting a lot of people ask me to do their hair now and my prep time is just ridiculous!
I'd love to know how you get it done so quickly!

Do any of you ladies out-source your pre-tipping? I want to keep doing hair for people.... but I just dont have the time to do all this pre-tipping!
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 3:49pm

Dune - it takes me about an hour and a quarter to tip one 4oz pack of 18inch, probably about an hour and a half to tip a pack of 14inch.  I use keratin out of the glue gun, fan it out and coat both sides with the nozzle then roll and cut, I've been tipping that long that I've managed to get it down to that time but can't seem to do it any quicker.  At the moment I'm seeing either a new client or doing a take down or a refit for an existing client every single night so I'm having to fit in the tipping after or my hubby is having to do it.  I should really give up the day job but I'm a bit scared to go it alone yet even though I'm working about 80 hours a week lol x

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic