Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has Anyone Used Wild Growth Hair Oil?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mealncholymonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has Anyone Used Wild Growth Hair Oil?
    Posted: May 13 2006 at 6:05pm
      I've been seeing that wgho add in the back of Black magazines for years and just today I used it for the first time, but I'm wondering, does it really give you the wonderful results they say it can? I'm going to keep a little journal on here so everyone can see the results and, if it works for me, maybe I can pass on the blessing by letting some other sistas know about it.

My Hair

Chemically Damaged, Over Processed black hair. Its about two inches away from my bra strap and pretty dry, stiff, and tangled.
My goal

I hope to grow my hair to just below my, for lack of a better word, boobs. I currently have any where from 6-10 inches in various places on my head. I want my hair to be more managable, healthier, shiner, and all around easier on the eyes.
Current Regimine

I've been perming my hair about every two months. I generally don't tie it up and flat iron it once every two weeks (It always smells burned). When I wash my hair I used any shampoo I can find and use an array of products after that... I clearly haven't had a clue what I've been doing with my hair for years.
New Regimine

I've now started washing my hair with Cream of nature shampoo and conditioning it with Pantine Pro V's Relaxed and natural conditioner. I follow up by putting the WGHO in my hair, sitting under the dryer, and blow drying my hair the rest of the way. I put a small amount of hair grease on my scalp and put a little surge conditioner on my hair. When I go to sleep I put on a "growth cap". I wear my hair in protective styles daily and don't touch my hair more than twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening).

Day 1
I followed the hair washing regimine and things worked out well. I put in the WGHO but I really didn't like the way it smelled. Once my hair was dry I noticed it was soft and shiny. I was rather shocked because I hadn't put ANYTHING in it but the conditioner. I've been fumbling with it all day because I can't find a comfortable yet cute style! Mkay, I'll put ont he growth cap tonight, and that'll be it!
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 7:15pm
i dont kno wat i would do w/o wgho! its makes my natural hair more managable and keeps my hair very conditioned. I bought a bottle of wgho in December 05 and it still has a little bit more for the rest of May. I think for my 16th birtday i might want another bottle of wgho. The smell doesnt bother me that much because i got use to it
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 7:52pm
I just bought a bottle today and so far I like it. I had my hair blown out at the salon. As you know, I'm texturized, so I wanted a moisturizer that wasn't water based so that it won't "turn". This stuff has no water. I want this blow out to last at least 2 to 3 weeks, but I want it moist as well.

I just put a scarf on my head for the night. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow.

BTW, I've used MTG......this stuff is pretty easy to get used to in comparison!
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 8:53am
Originally posted by MsMiamiLady MsMiamiLady wrote:

i dont kno wat i would do w/o wgho! its makes my natural hair more managable and keeps my hair very conditioned. I bought a bottle of wgho in December 05 and it still has a little bit more for the rest of May. I think for my 16th birtday i might want another bottle of wgho. The smell doesnt bother me that much because i got use to it

So did it actually help your hair grow, or is it just good for keeping your hair managable?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 9:12am
Okay so today is day two of my hair adventures. I came across an old bottle of surge in my hair bucket and remembered why my hair grew from above my shoulders to two inches away from my bra strap this summer... THE SURGE STUFF! So the way I see it is, if I use the surge and the Wild Growth Oil on alternating days, the results will be amazing. I don't know if it will actually work, but I'm sure it wont hurt to try. Oh and just for the record I'm trying to grow my hair to my bra strap by July because this is the time we take or photos for the Football program (no, silly, I'm no football player, I'm a cheerleader) and also when we take our senior year book pictures. Is this a reasonable goal? Today is May the 14th which means I have approximatly two months and some change... Huh, I hope this Growth Oil is just as amazing as people are saying it is :)

May 14th (second day of regimine)
When I woke up this morning I took off the "growth cap" and my hair was so silky and shiny I almos couldn't believe it was all mine. Granted it was still puffy because I didn't straighten it, but it was still surprisingly different. I found a bottle of Surge's Hair Revitalizer "Plus 14" and decided to include it in my regimine. I sprayed it on my scalp and my ends then messaged it into my scalp. I combed my hair to get it evenly distributed and was surprized at the amount of breakage because usually I'll have a little clump after each stroke of the comb(thanks WGHO, lol). After wards I put in Pantene Pro-V's Relaxed and Natural Oil cream Mousturizer just for a little added moisture. my hair is pretty shiny, but I still can't find a nice protective style. I took a look at my ends with this big light and man on man I've never seen such terribly damaged ends! One was so split that it was split in the middle and partially split in the end... well that's not a very good explination but lets just say it looked like one of those braid beaders you use to get beads on your hair easily... it was almost scary. I really need to get a trim apparently, but I would like to find a good hair dresser and wait till my hair is a little longer! Um, basically that's it, I'm gonna put that little cap thingy on tonight and maybe use a little hair grease depending on how my scalp is acting. I probably wont be able to update religiously for the next week, maybe only once or twice, because TOMORROW IS MY 17TH BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm pretty excited, cuz this week is gonna be busy busy busy especially since I just made the Varsity squad (for he second time) on Friday! Lordy lordy, how time has flown. Mkay, help me out and let me know if using the surge and the WGHO will make any difference... oh and what happens if you use the wgho every day? THANKS!
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 1:15pm
UPDATE!!!

This stuff is the bomb. I really like it. My ends are so moisturized and not oily!! How do they do that with oil? I only thought water based moisturizers could moisturize hair like that!!

Really good stuff. I think I'm sticking with it.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it will make my hair "grow". To me, it seems that the trick to it is that it keeps your ends from splitting and breaking.

GREAT PRODUCT!
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 3:57pm
Oh, thanks for the the tip Renata, I'm pretty short so when I measured today I too only have 7 inches left until I'm waist lenght but two more inches until I'm bra strap length. How often do you use it?
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 7:33pm
I really like WGHO, Im not sure if it makes your hair grow but it makes my hair (im natural) soft and manageable.
Luvlybelizean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 8:40pm
i tried this back in high school and sad to say, it was sticky and has a smell that i just cant deal with. i might try it again, but now i dont want to sabotage my results with too many "hair growth" products.
currently i am using surge 14 revitalizer,  im done w/ all these products. is it just me, or are there anyone out there who gets so confused when choosing their products?
"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*
Last relaxer:4/06
Trans. styles: weaves&braids
goal:4-6" natural
Currently: 4"uneven
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 8:51am
I love, love, love wgo.  It's the only oil I use and the only one I plan on using.  I didn't see any extra growth with it but I only experimented with using it on my scalp for a month and I got normal growth.  Maybe if you use it longer it will work better.  Now I just use it on my hair and ends over my moisturizer to seal it in.  I love the softness and shine I get from it and this is odd but for some reason it smells ok to me, not stinky at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Luvlybelizean Luvlybelizean wrote:

i tried this back in high school and sad to say, it was sticky and has a smell that i just cant deal with. i might try it again, but now i dont want to sabotage my results with too many "hair growth" products.
currently i am using surge 14 revitalizer,  im done w/ all these products. is it just me, or are there anyone out there who gets so confused when choosing their products?

So how have your results been with the Surge because I decided to use the surge for the growth and the WG for my ends and stuff?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 10:47am
Alrighty my update for today

May 15th 2006 (MY BIRTHDAY, YAYAYAYA)
Last night before I went to bed I put the Surge on my scalp and my ends and slightly spritzed my entire head of hair with it. I sprayed a little natural almond oil stuff on it for a little moisture as well as the Moisturizer I use. I put it in that "growth" cap and that was the end of it.
      This morning I put the surge on my scalp and ends just as I'd done the night before. I added some of the moisturizer and almond oil and then tied my hair into a folded pony tail. I tried hard not to touch it all day, but I had to run a mile for ROTC and ended up having to fix it. I remember seeing this braiding method on the Growafrohairlong website where you add weave to your hair in the morning and braid it into two big ponytail braids, so I think I'll try that. For some reason I'm "weave challenged" and can't work with weave, but I guess If I practice i'll end up doing it right. Mkay, thats all for now, i'll do the same thing tonight except I'll use the WGHO as well. I'm in school now so I just updated for the sake of updating!     
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 12:18pm
You know what I remember when I was a pre-teen and I would have those hair magazines and see some product in the back that had a picture of a woman with hair down to her knees, I was wondering if this was the same product also.

I have went through a bottle of it and I love it.  It is a great detangler and make the hair very soft.
Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
brownie29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 1:10pm
Where do you find wgo? I know I need all the help I can because I will take out my sewn in weave this weekend and I don't know what to expectConfused I kept it in for almost 2 months and I have alot of new growth.
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 2:04pm
I 've been using the oil on and off since march and i do love it too . I put a liitle drop of Rosemary essential oil in the bottle and shake it . The smell doesn't really bother me either. I can't tell if it has contributed to my hair growth because i use other products aswell . Maybe if i was using it on its own i could really tell but i will continue to use it when i feel like it.
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 2:50pm
I get mine from Sally's Beauty Supply for $7.99

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 4:12pm
When I went to one of those asian owned and operated stores it was in a case... i mean, it was only 7 bucks, but still, why was it in a case. I also saw it at sallys (and it was NOT in a case, lol.)
mtownprincess23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtownprincess23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 5:41pm
Well I haven't used WHGO but I use Tea tree Oil. My hair was so damaged it didnt even make sense!!! But it think it helped my hair grow back healthy. I like the smell it has (pepperminty) and it's easy to distribute across my head. When I was 10 or 11 my hair was about armpit length and I cut it off at in September. I cut it to about my ear. Now i'm 15 and my hair is A LITTLE below shoulder length.
It's hard out here for a...... Princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 3:23pm
   May 16, 2006

Mkay so today was a pretty good day. I woke up pretty early and did something I've always wanted to try. I remeber when I did the crown and Glory technique I saw her putting extensions in her hair on a daily basis to keep it protected! She'd part her hair and make two huge pochoantis (excuse my spelling) braids. WEll this morning I did that then wrapped them into princess laya bun thingies! Everyone liked it and it kept me from touching my hair all day. I think I'll do this every day unles some type of special occasion rolls around and I'm also gonna try to stretch my perms as long as possible. The last perm I got was on April 14th, which wasn't too long ago, but still. Any I sprayed the surge on my scalp, massaged it for a while and braided it up. This will be my ruitine unless i'm running late for school or something! I'll spend tonight trying to make other protective styles.

I'd like to tell yall about this great satin bonnet thingy! Its got some growth stuff in it and moisturizes your hair while you sleep. Its super easy to put on at night, so I definatly LOVE it. When you wake up your hair is super silky. Its called a groth and breakage preventing bonnet. I got it from a beauty supply store! Look for it, it was only 2 bucks!!!! It last two months! Okay, that's all for now!
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 6:01pm

Is it this??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic