Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair from top of head vs. back of head?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair from top of head vs. back of head?
    Posted: May 17 2006 at 4:50pm
Em... I think he's saying that one's hair is blunt-cut at a given length on the body (such as, for example, chin-length, shoulder-length, waist-length, etc), the strands at the top of the head are longer than those lower on the head.

And FWIW, the "GM" method of measuring hair's length is even more distorting, since the number it gives is at least 6 inches longer than the longest strand could possibly be.  Hypothetically speaking, one's hair length could measure at 35" using the GM method, but the longest strands can only be about 29", and the longest strands might be considerably shorter (even as short as about 23").  Not likely, but possible.
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 1:23pm
You know... I find all of your posts incredibly hard to read, dude20. Is it really so difficult to spell out "u" ... and I don't understand the question anyway.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 10:20am
I've heard anywhere from 3-6 years depending on growth rates (which vary from person to person) and whether one gets trims or not.....
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 8:23pm
IF u started all over by shaving your hair or cutting it really short...Well, the hair in the back of your head is at the 6 or 7 inch mark(if it were from the top, it would be at that mark), so if u grew it out, the hair at the back of your head would be down your back after 2 years(for example)at the 18 inch mark, even though it only measures 12 inches. So in effect, it only takes 3 years not 4 to get hair to almost waist length(like halfway down the back).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic