Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MONISTAT & NEOSPORIN FOR HAIR GROWTH??!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MONISTAT & NEOSPORIN FOR HAIR GROWTH??!?!
    Posted: May 19 2006 at 2:58pm

has any1 heard or tried this? i read about it on the blackhairmedia forum,and ppl say it helped with their hair growth better than mtg!

Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 4:47pm
Also check out www.longhaircareforum.com/forums they have plenty of threads on this as well as results!!!!
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 5:31pm
Yeah, I was reading about that on LCHF!! Many of the ladies raved about it.

Personally, I would never try that...It just seems a bit over-the-edge...I mean...hair growth ain't that serious lol.
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 6:14pm
I  haven't tried it and don't plan to but the results people are getting are amazing.  I've been reading about this cayenne pepper stuff too and a lot of people get growth from that also.  It should be relatively safe.
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 12:34am
Cayenne isn't safe if you're breastfeeding. It gets into the bloodstream and makes the milk not taste good and the baby doesn't like it. I found that out the hard way.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 8:30am
the growth progess ive seen is not remarkable. and if you want to risk getting the side effects (hair loss).

cayenne pepper works though
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 3:43pm
well i dunno bout sum pepper on yur hair. i mean,c'mon ladies pepper? why is our hair becoming a stew pot!?!Tongue this whole monistat thing, i wont be tryin it,cuz im just not into using vaginal products on my head,lmao. but it is interesting though
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 6:04pm

I do the cayenne pepper thing.  All you do is put the pepper in some olive oil and let it sit for like 2weeks and drain the oil off the pepper and just use the oil on your scalp.  I haven't been using it long enough to see results besides I am also using MTG.

Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 6:27pm
I use Neosporin and it's not that bad, honestly.  I mean if you're hair is in a rut like mines was, I suggest SURE!  My hair has grown about 2 inches I would say, and it definitely looks a lot thicker.  But if you are is nice and relatively healthy, I'd say..just be patient.
Jamila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:24am
I would never do it. Some people are just crazzy when it comes to hair growth. They will do anything to get it. I bet you could go on that board and say I smeared cow urine in my head and it made my hair grow. I bet someone would try that. I just dont believe that coochie cream will make your hair grow I dont believe it. I believe in just eating right,exercise,make sure you drink plenty of water, scalp massages, and stop messing in your hair, also dont use heat,except for hotoiltreatments,and stop using chemical. That damages you hair most of all. I think just by doing that,it will help you to retain your hair length and help you hair to grow. But nocream of magic pill will do that.

Edited by Jamila - May 22 2006 at 11:25am
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by taggi taggi wrote:

has any1 heard or tried this? i read about it on the blackhairmedia forum,and ppl say it helped with their hair growth better than mtg!

Yeah, lots of people are using these things to increase their monthly growth rates.

Edited by Phoenix1017 - May 22 2006 at 4:15pm
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Jamila Jamila wrote:

I just dont believe that coochie cream will make your hair grow I dont believe it. I believe in just eating right,exercise,make sure you drink plenty of water, scalp massages, and stop messing in your hair, also dont use heat,except for hotoiltreatments,and stop using chemical. That damages you hair most of all. I think just by doing that,it will help you to retain your hair length and help you hair to grow. But nocream of magic pill will do that.

Coochie cream, huh? Tongue  Nice way to put it.

Since the point of Monistat/Neosporin is to restore your body's regular chemical balance when it's out of balance, that means that they're either killing bad bacteria and/or nourishing the organisms that already live in our bodies.  It makes perfect sense to me that they should help your hair grow ... besides, it's cream out of a hermetically-sealed tube! Tongue  Some of you are acting as though it's dirty by association!

Edited by Supersugar - May 22 2006 at 7:45pm
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 7:52pm

I would never do it. Some people are just crazzy when it comes to hair growth. They will do anything to get it. I bet you could go on that board and say I smeared cow urine in my head and it made my hair grow. I bet someone would try that. I just dont believe that coochie cream will make your hair grow I dont believe it. I believe in just eating right,exercise,make sure you drink plenty of water, scalp massages, and stop messing in your hair, also dont use heat,except for hotoiltreatments,and stop using chemical. That damages you hair most of all. I think just by doing that,it will help you to retain your hair length and help you hair to grow. But nocream of magic pill will do that.

hmmm...i thought neosporin AF was for athletes fooot....hmm...I learn something everyday Shocked But yeah...ITA with you....about this being a bit kooky
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 8:31pm
LOLCoochie CreamLOL
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 6:33am
It maybe a little crazy but I don't think people care they will do anything to get their "hearts desire" and brave anything. I hope there are no side effects, the results are simply amazing with this stuff I think it's because it's killing off the bad bacteria as Supersugar said, the cayenne and olive oil is an ancient remedy that works by kick starting blood flow to the scalp in a way that scalp massages alone can't do. Points to the Monistat and Neosporin using people for being brave and stepping out of the "hair growth box" and trying something most of us think is radical right NOW a few years from now this stuff in these things might be in every hair growing concoction on the market, hee hee

Edited by Angel28 - May 23 2006 at 6:34am
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 10:50am
well, it personally isnt for me..i wouldnt try it but congrats to everyone else whos used it
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 11:14am
ClapVery well said Angel28 I agree with you completely.
PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 11:40am

I am not crazy about hair growth, but I am, however, looking towards healthier hair.  I use several different hair creams and what not, and in order to keep my scalp from getting too plugged with things, I chose to use the Miconazole Nitrate cream.  How can you even make a comparison of a cream, which is perscribed to humans DAILY(at times for the use of promoting hairgrowth), to cow urine.  Referring to it as "coochie cream" was comical, but vague.  There are other forms of miconazole nitrate out there, besides Monistat.  I'm sorry but there is one hell of a difference.  And as far as your idea of healthy hair growth, that's always a plus and effective for some people who have the time to make certain they have done all their hair "activities"(for example,massaging and exercising).
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Angel28 Angel28 wrote:

It maybe a little crazy but I don't think people care they will do anything to get their "hearts desire" and brave anything. I hope there are no side effects, the results are simply amazing with this stuff I think it's because it's killing off the bad bacteria as Supersugar said, the cayenne and olive oil is an ancient remedy that works by kick starting blood flow to the scalp in a way that scalp massages alone can't do. Points to the Monistat and Neosporin using people for being brave and stepping out of the "hair growth box" and trying something most of us think is radical right NOW a few years from now this stuff in these things might be in every hair growing concoction on the market, hee hee

Yes, there are possible side effects. Lots of them too. Ya'll can find them by doing a forum search on BHM.
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
wezy2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wezy2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 9:37am
I don't have a problem with using products in unorthodox ways.....coochie cream,or hemroidal creams.It sounds gross cause people are picturing it like your sticking your finger in your azz or your coochie then wiping it somewhere else on your body thats crazy!!..i've used this cream over the winter months and was very pleased with the results.I'm planning on using it sparringly in the future,not every day or even every week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic