Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aromatherapy and Alopecia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jacquie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacquie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aromatherapy and Alopecia
    Posted: May 19 2006 at 5:21pm

I found an article while searching on line that was written by Melanie Von Zabuesnig regarding her experience with Aromatherapy and Alopecia. I have Alopecia Universalis and would love to know more about growing hair with Aromatherapy.

Any hellp would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jaci
Purdy Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2010 at 3:38am
Hi

There has been a study by Aberdeen Infirmary Dermatology department using aromatheraphy on AA.

They used Grapeseed oil or Jojoba oil as a carrier, and then Thyme, Cedarwood, Lavender and Rosemary.  I dont know the doseage and Im still trying to find it out.

They massaged the oils in the scalp daily for two minutes.

Its shown results with women but not so much with men.
Purdy Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 7:56am
Found this website (scroll down) that lists the doseage for the Aberdeen recipe:

Iv ordered the oils, I saved £10 by ordering them on Ebay from good sellers.  I want to see the Dr first, so she can see the before, and then start the recipe massage.

PS  I have AA that has gone into AU.  Id love to share anything I can with you, as it looks like we are in the same boat.

PPS  I want to try nettle tea at some point in time (internally and as a massage), you can get it at Asda (Uk Walmart).

Edited by Purdy Bear - March 10 2010 at 7:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic