Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a way to tame "the beast"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
headstrong22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headstrong22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a way to tame "the beast"
    Posted: May 20 2006 at 12:23am
   hi everyone.

well first off i have thick wavy hair that poofs up nicely if left alone. yikes. i wear it up in a messy bun most of the time. im getting my hair cut & i only wear it down if its straightened so i need a new straightener cuz i love to wear it down.

i have 2. one is a conair one that does absolutely nothing to my hair. & another one is a revlon perfect heat. the revlon one works good i guess the ends of my hair are always still curled though. arrghh. . it takes like a while to straighten my hair & i have to go over it all many times & everyone says it will REALLY damage your hair.

i would rather not spend $100 on a straightener, but if anyone knows a straightener thats WORTH the money ill do it.

thanks

headstrong22

Edited by headstrong22 - May 20 2006 at 12:24am
**true strength is not giving up when everyone else would understand if you did**
Perula05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perula05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 3:59pm
Go to folica.com and read the reviews on Solia and Sedu flat irons. I own the Solia and I love it... it costs $88 but it is so worthy!!

Good luck.
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 2:52pm
I agree with Perula go visit folica, it sounds like you are ready for an upgrade. Both the Solia and Sedu have great reviews, check out the before and after photos as well. By the way, if it takes more than two goes with a flatiron to get your hair half way straight, your flat iron is crap. Conair sucks!! My Sedu heats up in less than a minute  and needs only one trip through my hair. It leaves my hair (including ends) staight and silky smooth. Believe me you are settling with that Conair and Revlon. Why not treatyourself? You will not regret it.

Good luck
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
x 3mily x0x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x 3mily x0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 1:18pm
i have the infiniti by conair... it works really well you probably will have to go over each piece twice. you also have to make sure your hair is completely dry or it will burn it. its about 65 at conair.com
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 11:32pm
Go with the Solia! That thing is great. You will have beautiful straight hair, and you won't believe the difference between the Solia and that conair piece of crap! Pair it up with Redken Smooth down heat glide (just 2 drops, well dristributed through the hair. because it is really concentrated) and you will have beautifull hair. Don't get the big one, with the swivel plates. Get the $88 one. No swivel plates. So the plates match up, giving you great grip. And it is small enough for you to get close to your roots, but not too small. Trust me you will love it. If you don't, they have a 30 day money back guarantee. So nothing to loose, exept for freezie hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic