Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'M BEGGING YOU. PLEASE HELP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'M BEGGING YOU. PLEASE HELP.
    Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:06pm

Okay, my hair isn't too much longer from the girl's in this photo, .. I just want to know how do to my hair like this:

Please someone help!

(And I don't have layers, ..I don't know if that'd matter.)

Edited by red legos - May 22 2006 at 11:08pm
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 3:17am

You might have to get the layers to do it that way-- that's probably how she makes hers stand out the way it does.  I don't think the effect would be the same on one-length hair.

More awesome than a manatee!
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2006 at 1:24pm
The hair cut in the pic , is very choppy look , plenty of layers and looks like it has been chopped into by a razor, giving that very choppy messy look. Looks great. Your best bet is to take the pic along with you to your salon , see if they can achieve the same look on your hair.
Good Luck Karen
karen sanderson
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2006 at 1:26pm
Also remember , the use of products has been used to give the look , ask your salon for the right products to use too.
karen sanderson
XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 6:25pm

If you get your hair cut with layers like this girl has, you can use a wax or pomade to get the ends to stick out like that.  When my hair was shorter, I used to style it similarly.  I really like the spray wax by Got2B.  Can't remember the name but it's in a purple bottle.  It's very light - not greasy - and really helps to acheive that piecey look.   Good luck!! :)

Nikki

Keyfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keyfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 6:48pm
Yeah, you'd need to have layers to do that, definitly.  itsa  really cute style, though!
blow dry your hair upside down, with a mousse in it to get the volume, and then either flip it out with a round brush blowdrying it or with a big curling iron.  use hairspray on the roots and a pomade on the legnths and ends to make it stay.  i agree w/ XoNikchick04  got2be is a good brand, i've used both of thier pomades and for this style i think the green one would work best, or otherwise any sort of tacky, strong hold pomade. it'll keep the layers out, but not make them crunchy like if you sprayed them.  hope that helps ya:)
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 1:52pm
Jonathan Product's Dirt is the best pomade/styling tool I have ever used.  It would do well with that style.  Also, some hairspray to freeze the finished look.  I have to have both to make my hair stay piecy (rather than greasy) looking.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 4:51am
It is not a bad style, but cut your hair so it isn't in your eyes. That not only would be annoying, but doesn't look that good. There are plenty of chic, short cuts that have shorter hair in front than that, and they are, I am sure, less annoying and look better also.
Brent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic