Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mandy Moore Going BALD!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MikeY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mandy Moore Going BALD!
    Posted: May 25 2006 at 4:14am
Just read this about mandy Moore, Posted by a UK Newspaper I think after an Interview with her! here's the Link....   http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33346.html  Man that would be AWESOME to See her Shaved Bald, Just to try it Out. She's HOT!
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 4:54am
Yeah man, that's such great news, Let's all get excited about someone else's misfortunes.
It be one thing is she chose to shave it as a fasion statement. Dont get me started again on how it's just creepy to think disease caused baldness is hot.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 7:04am
DarkHelmet,
I'm confused about your email.  Natalie shaved her head for a movie role, not because of any disease or any role of a diseased person.  While I like short hair and think Mandy would look awesome in short hair - the completely bald look does not appeal to me.  Maybe Mandy will just get it cut pixie short. 
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 8:04am
I'm confused also. Read the clip from the interview and it sounds like a choice. Is there more to the article?
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 10:24am
Who has disease caused baldness???
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 11:04am
Lot's of people have baldness caused by medical conditions.

And by the way, mentioning that you've thought about shaving your head and actually following through is a BIG jump!!! I doubt she'll follow through with the whim unless it's for a role or something.
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 11:12am
I'm confused as well...

Mandy says, "I'm thinking of shaving my head...".  A far cry from "I'm going to shave my head..."   I would be surprised if she did actually do it.  

It takes a special woman with the right features to look good buzzed or bald.  IMO, Mandy doesn't have it...  I think she looks better with longer hair.  I don't follow her looks or career very closely but from what I've seen, her short hairstyles haven't been terribly inspiring. 

If she wants to do it, more power to her. (I don't think she will...)  However, I believe shaving her head would be a mistake.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 7:46pm
hey do you guys remember  mandy also had the urge when jena malone shaved her head  she said she one day would looove to shave hers   i think it would look cute about 2 weeks after a shaving   lets see?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 1:51am
I was confused because the headline of the topic said " Mandy Moore Going BALD"
 and read what mikeY posted and it didnnt mention  she wanted to shave her head he just mentioned she would look good shaved bald, I posted a comment and it wasnt until after i clicked on the link thay I learned the headline wasnt in context with what was realyl going on. She isnt going bald, like a person "going" bald, she wants to shave her head, or at least mentioned she would like to, that's a large leap from the headline " Mandy Moore Going Bald"
I do apologize though for thinking she was "balding" and that mikeY though it was cool and tohught she should just shave her head as a result of the balding.
As you can see combined with the headline and his post  it is easy for one to have thought that.
And to answer anyone's question about disease caused baldness, it's alopecia aerta,  notable person who had it Princess someone of Monaco, it's rare but woman get it and it causes parital to complete baldness.
There is actually studies and in recent news scientist ,headed by a woman who used to have alopecia and was cured permatley have found the dna that causes it and are close to finding a cure within the next 5 years.

Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 10:38am

DarkHelmet:

It was quite easy to click the link and see EXACTLY what the post was about.  No excuse...  Hopefully, you won't be so quick to jump to the wrong conclusion and be so eager to rip someone a new one before you you have all the info.

Rocky
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 12:23pm

Calm down there, Rocky. The many apologized and explained himself. Let it go. By belaboring the issue, you come off worse than DarkHelmet.

As for Mandy, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm guessing her agent would advise against it.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 11:14pm
She's a bit too cutesy to carry off the bald thing.  But she's young, and that's the time to do shocking things with one's hair, so I wouldn't think it too weird if she did it.  *shrugs*
More awesome than a manatee!
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Calm down there, Rocky. The many apologized and explained himself. Let it go. By belaboring the issue, you come off worse than DarkHelmet.

That was the idea...  I thought it appropriate to cut DarkHelmet just as much slack as he did MikeY.  I hope DarkHelmet feels so dreadful about it that he loses sleep.  He needs to be taught a lesson! 

I can't let it go.  I CAN'T...  We need to teach him a lesson he will never ever forget so that he will never do it again.  How can you just expect me to let it go?

Edited by Rocky - May 26 2006 at 11:49pm
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 5:38am
The bald look could work for Mandy.
What is required of a woman to look good bald, is pretty feminine features, and a medium to slender/petite build and face. Mandy has all of that. It helps if a lady has a nice head shape too, although you don't really know for sure about that until the woman shaves her head.

By the way, alopecia is more of a condition than a disease. A man or woman can be completely bald with alopecia and still be very healthy, have children, lead a normal life span, etc..
And they are nowhere near finding a so-called cure for it (as if bald people need to be "cured").
Every few years they say they have made a breakthrough that will cure alopecia or other forms of baldness, but they never do. In fact as humans evolve, we continually have less hair.
Eventually all men, women, and children may be completely bald.
If that happens, humans being what we are, how we like to decorate ourselves, will still wear wigs, headscarves, hats and whatever else, just to change our looks, I am sure of that.

Edited by SanFranBrent - May 27 2006 at 5:44am
Brent
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 12:44pm
<moderator hat on>

DarkHelmet's post (1:51 am CDT May 26) seems perfectly reasonable ("going bald" can occur either by choice, or not).  Rocky's statement that he felt he was being ripped... seemed unwarranted because that is not consistent with DarkHelmet's message.

When in doubt, take a moment to reconsider the words of others, to be sure the other person's post is clearly understood.

<moderator hat off>
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

DarkHelmet's post (1:51 am CDT May 26) seems perfectly reasonable ("going bald" can occur either by choice, or not).   

Yes, I agree, Dave, but not reasonable in the context of MikeY's original message which DarkHelmet obviously didn't bother to read.  It was clear from MikeY's post that he was not referring to someone losing their hair due to disease.  Hence, all the "I'm confused..." posts that followed DarkHelmet's message.

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Rocky's statement that he felt he was being ripped... seemed unwarranted because that is not consistent with DarkHelmet's message.

I did not feel that I was being ripped by DarkHelmet's post of May 26 1:51AM.  It was MikeY who was being ripped by DarkHelmet in his post of May 25 (Message #2 in this thread). 

Originally posted by DarkHelmet DarkHelmet wrote:

Yeah man, that's such great news, Let's all get excited about someone else's misfortunes.
It be one thing is she chose to shave it as a fasion statement. Dont get me started again on how it's just creepy to think disease caused baldness is hot.

While I agree that delighting in someone losing their hair because of disease is creepy, that isn't what  Mike's post was about, clearly.  I whole-heartedly agree with you that people take a moment to consider the words of others, to be sure the other person's post is clearly understood.  That was the point of my response to which Kramer told me to calm down. 
Ultimately, my message is the same as your's.  DarkHelmet didn't bother to read and understand MikeY's post before getting on his Soap Box. 

In case any of you reading this thread didn't pick up on it, my third message (the one with the animated gifs)  was intended to be "over the top" to parody those who are oh so quick to go off on a rant over nothing at all.

Edited by Rocky - May 27 2006 at 7:03pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 4:38pm
Something like this?
HAWG
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

Something like this?
Photoshopping a man's crew-cut on top of a woman's head... hmm...
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 7:12pm
Dave, I can't take credit for the fake.  Found it at http://cambiodelook.webcindario.com/
lots of other fakes there also.
HAWG
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 3:40am
Yes. I love ultra-short hair on beautiful women, and the bald look on beautiful women, but not a man's flat top or crewcut. It doesnt look that good does it.
Brent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic