Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acne scars and microdermabrasion...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acne scars and microdermabrasion...?
    Posted: May 28 2006 at 7:07am

Has anyone had microdermabrasion to treat red acne scars? If so, did it work for you and how many sessions did it take for most of the scars to fade?

Thanks =)
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 8:43am

where are your acne scars

"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:51am

Try proactive solution. It worked for me. Takes about a week or two, but it's smooth sailing after that.

http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 9:52pm
micro is very expensive ( i hear there are some home treatment types you can do) are they effective i dont know id have to know the ingredients to tell you that so what brand are you considering? And yes micro can help with scars but it takes a lot of treatments to actually see improvement. There are other methods you can do if you dont want to do micro.
Babycheeks
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:22pm
where are your acne scars? and how expensive
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 4:15pm
micro can cost LOADS from 100 dollar a treatment to 500! i dont think it helps enough to put in that much money.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 5:50am
just on my face, and superficial (not deep). At the moment im using some microdermabrasion crystals which are really good, but you must have to go to the bottom layers of skin to get rid of all the red marks and the more you exfoliate the more acne comes out (because its lurking under a few layers of skin) lol no win situation!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 8:24am
ive never tried the at home treatments hows that going?
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 6:41pm
Really good :) if you still have quite abit of acne i wouldnt recommend it but if you just get the occasional spot or you just have scarring then its really good. Your skin ends up sooo smooth after each treatment and its really good at removing blackheads lol i go abit overboard (use it twice a day) and im quite rough with my skin but even though i still have faint scarring i still get compliments about it :) the crystals are cheap too and u just add em to a cleanser. I bought mine off ebay.

Edited by 222chik222 - June 23 2006 at 6:41pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 8:56pm
yeah i dont get acne anymore so that isnt a problem for me, nor any scars but i would still like to peel a layer off every now and then what is the brand called?
Babycheeks
stephanieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 11:41am
Hi I would like to find out what the product is you are using.
I use the olay microdermabrasion and it makes my face feel very smooth and it cleans it very well but by the end of the day Im ready to use it again because my face feels so oily and yuk.What did you pay for it?

peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 10:55am
try steaming twice a week cleanse with a facial cleanser then apply a topical cream or ointment to remove the scars.
pr.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic