Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Banana Clips.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Happyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banana Clips.
    Posted: March 14 2000 at 5:42am
Hi,

I just was wondering if Banana clips are still being sold anyplace? Either in the States or England? I need the kind that were extra large, but any would do. Are they sold on the internet? I k now theyt are an eighties type hair accessory, but I use them to actually style my hair, like rollers. Besides, the eighties are on the way back fashion-wise. Thanks for any help.

Happyblonde
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2000 at 9:45am
HappyBlonde,

Banana clips are widely considered to be outmoded. But they are still available in accessories shops in most malls. Claire's Boutique has them around here. I've also seen them, come to think of it, in drgstores and discount stores.

Are you really having trouble finding /any/?

Ally
Happyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2000 at 4:35pm
Hi Ally,

Thanks-guess I should have said I live in England. However, when I went to K-mart and Afterthoughts last November (where I usually found them),they were no longer selling them. I liked the extra large clips that "Goody" hairstyling products manufactured. If you know of anyplace on the web where they're sold, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Happyblonde
guywithcurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywithcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2000 at 3:51pm
I love bannana clips as well. Of course I am a product of the 80's so I guess I would like them. I have about 5 of them and I still do think they sell them. Try like Walmart or maybe Ebay.com might have some for auction.

So how do you style your hair with them? I usually use hot rollers first then pull all of the curls up in the clip.

kyle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic