Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it bad to do this..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Superstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it bad to do this..
    Posted: March 16 2000 at 2:27am
I was wonderin i ahve wavy hair is it bad to use a straigtheing brush on my hair to blow dry it straight..the brush that seems to make my hair the strtaightest so far is this brush tha has like prongs (things that are on a flat brush u brush ur hair with) all around it..tis not like a reg brush it has n back jsut these sharp prongs all around it..after i use it it kidna hurts my head..
anyway will using that and blow dryin my hair cause any damage to it?
Shannon
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2000 at 9:23am

Blowing your hair out (straightening with a brush and blow dryer) damages it. How much depends on your technique, the intensity and proximity of the blow dryer, the products you use, and how healthy and strong your hair is.

If a brush is hurting your scalp, it's probably damaging your hair.

If you're concerned about the health and thickness of your hair, blowing your hair out over a brush is often not a good idea.

Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic