Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My newfound passion :) *pics*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My newfound passion :) *pics*
    Posted: June 06 2006 at 3:04pm
I have been wearing extensions for years, but I have to take a break due to scalp problems.
I bought these wigs from ebay, just to try it out, as I have never worn a wig before, so I´m learning from stratch here .

When the sunlight are straight on, they are a bit to shiny, but otherwise I loooove them .

Sellers pictures:

And here is how one of them look in real life on me :

Edited by Synne - September 15 2006 at 3:34am
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 10:20pm
Wow Synne! LOVE the colors of the dark one especially. Very, very flattering on your skin tone.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 11:44pm
Looks very nice and natural.
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 1:24am
Kind of off the subject but what type of eye operation did you have? I have an issue with my eye. What was wrong with yours? 
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 2:03pm
Thank you guys Heart.

I have now been wearing it a few days, and I love it.
Look at these pictures. It is now even more realistic after it has been combed.

What do you experienced girls think? Does it look realistic? Honnestly?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 8:49pm
Looks really good.The only suggestion I might offer is to thin it out.I thin all my wigs out.It makes a huge difference.
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 2:10am
Originally posted by missy66 missy66 wrote:

Kind of off the subject but what type of eye operation did you have? I have an issue with my eye. What was wrong with yours? 

I have had a squint(?) fixed. Don´t know if you say it that way, but I hope I make sense Embarrassed.
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

Looks really good.The only suggestion I might offer is to thin it out.I thin all my wigs out.It makes a huge difference.

Thinning it out? Why?
I love all the hair flowing down my back LOL.

No really, you think it needs thinning out?
Do you have any pictures of your wigs?
sassyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 4:35am
Where did you get this wig from its gorgoeus.  Tell me more.  Also sent you a pm about the dvd's
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 4:46am
I got it from Ebay. Seller is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Wig-Elegance

Will deff. buy there again.
sassyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 5:29am
On the first picture on your pictures is that the wig with your hair in a scrunchie tied back?  All the pics look great and you really suit dark hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 11:14am
Dont worry,even after thinning it will still look nice, thick, and long.

The density on non custom wigs are general.So they tend to make them extra thick .That way the people who buy them can thin them out to suit their own needs.

This one for instance actually doesnt look nearly as thick as cheap synthetics I've had.

The idea is to take out some hidden hair underneath so it lays on your head better.That will make it appear to be growing from your head rather than sitting on top of it.I hope that makes more sense.

The wig does look really nice though.I dont have any pics right now.But I can take some.Hold on and I'll put a pic up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 2:11pm
Okay I got some pics.
this wig is the same as the next pic down before i thinned it.
Cap0234.jpg
And heres the same wig thinned out a bit.
Cap0471.jpg

And here's another wig I thinned because it was huge with hair.
Cap0449.jpg

And another tip i have.If you have hair,pull a tiny amount out of the wig around the edges.Your hair doesnt have to match,but if there is too much difference you can use eyeshadow.Then brush it back into the wig. That way when it blows away from your face,all you see is hairline.

As far as thinning,I dont mean thinning like with shears.I mean going underneath and cutting out a few wefts.If its not wefted then just cutting a zigzag pattern at the roots.It easier to do with wigs with wefting and set parts.Your wig looks like it has a set part.

And for synth that goes too shiny a light dusting of baby powder works wonders.It takes away that fakey shiny look without making it look too dull.

My wigs go through alot of tweaking before I wear them out.Even the cheap ones.Its time consuming,but noones the wiser.Smile
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 2:34pm
Wow Longhair.

That was some really nice tips you gave me there. Thank you sooo much Hug

I am a 613 blond underneath the wig, so I need to colour my hair before I cando the hairline trick.

Do you have any suggestions on the itching around the wig, where the small hairs stick in to my forhead and hairline?
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by sassyhair sassyhair wrote:

On the first picture on your pictures is that the wig with your hair in a scrunchie tied back?  All the pics look great and you really suit dark hair

You mean this one:

Its just the wig alone. My own hair is bleached blond and only down to my shoulders (and THIN!).
Look here. This is my own hair:

Edited by Synne - June 09 2006 at 2:47pm
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 1:51pm
Synee, You arer so beautiful! I got a couple of Wigs fron a vendor on Ebay, that have the Monofilament top, and WOW! the scalp look so realistic.
Can you give me any pointers on how you make your wig look so natural? I mean I see you can pull it up and looks so real!!
Can you please tell me what do you use to attach the wig also?
Sorry for so many questions, but i am so impress with your pics!

I am using toupe clips to secure the wig, but man!! they are painful after a while. I was thinking of using some kind of adhesive , that can be removed easy with a remmover. I am still on a search for that.

Edited by Aphrodiva - September 02 2006 at 2:40pm
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 3:39am
Thank you so much .

I just put the wig on, and make the headband inside sit tight. Sometimes I put on a wig cap, and other times i spray my own hair with hairspray, so it gets a little less smooth. Don´t know if it really makes a difference. I know nothing about wigs .

To make the shine come out, I just combed it through and sprayed with saltwater and babypowder.

Hope this helps you out?

Regards,
Synne
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 8:39pm
Your wigs look really great and natural.
monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 5:22pm
I just bought the same wig in brown with blonde highlights.  It is really nice.  
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2006 at 5:44pm
You have some nice wigs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic