Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robin Meade Banged

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robin Meade Banged
    Posted: June 07 2006 at 1:02pm
Her hair was wonderful with tons of volume.  I wonder what her stylist was trying to accomplish with this haircut.  It looks kind of limp... like a thinning shear was used.  Maybe it's just the way it's styled.

Did she really want bangs?

Last week:
Before

*Snip* *Snip*:
After:
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 1:14pm
So much better before.  I do not like the choppy, whispy, messy look at all on anybody and I'm wondering who is the one who started this trend and why so many women are following it.  I bet if someone set up a poll asking for responses from just the men, better than 3/4's of us would agree.
HAWG
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 1:35pm
I was keeping tabs on her caps from the last week or so and it looks like on one of the days she took a little length from the bangs and it was very slight.  Then I checked and saw the pic in this post where they're much more pronounced.  It looks ok since i'm a fan of bangs but I don't like the cut as much as when she went pretty short a few months back. 
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 1:41pm

The first is a lot better. By the way, I got some flak a while back, for having a title to a thread about Monica Bellucci, similar to this..."Monica Bellucci Bangs"   ;;)))

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 2:05pm
Well it's still long but the fullness is gone. Too bad.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 2:39pm
Either way, smokin' hot, smokin' hot, smokin' hot...

You get the drift!
rico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 5:21pm
I think it's a nice change.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 7:36pm
I'd noticed the bangs earlier, but really didn't take note of the volume change until I saw those two pictures up there (which, I have to say, kind of make me laugh with the way she goes from smiling to a rather "are you serious?" expression, like it doesn't look at all how she wants it to). She didn't lose a lot of length, but it looks like she lost a ton of hair. 
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 12:00am
I try to watch Robin every chance I get. Has she curled her hair since the cut?

I, too, liked it better richer and fuller, but generally like straight hair better than curly. When she adds the ear tuck to this hairdo, it looks even less appealing.

Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 9:43am
She glammed it up and had some curl in it this morning.  It looked wonderful... 

I suppose, like anyone, Robin gets to have some bad hair days too.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 10:00am
I like the bangs and for the "fullness", my bet is it was just flat ironed that day.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 10:10pm
Here's a site with her hair history:

HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 10:57pm

Robin Meade is a great topic for a hair forum. She has some of the best hair among all news babes. One of the looks that site left out was Robin with a ponytail. She wears her hair tied back a couple times a week. I think she looks adorable with it.

Personally, I liked her hair better before the bangs. Her bangs were really those side-swept ones like Jennifer Aniston had toward the end of "Friends." I didn't like those either. I didn't really see the point.

Anyway, when Robin went to the side-swept bangs, her hair looked a lot thinner than it had before the cut, leaving me to believe she got it thinned out at the same time. Why do women get their hair thinned out? One friend told me it takes her too long to dry after washing. Too bad she never asked me to help.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 12:32am
I agree with you Kramer fuller looks better. This thinning out thing has to go.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 12:11pm
Too many are going the way of over layering/texturizing mid to long styles. The result is thin flat looking styles and eventually much of the length being taken off to remedy the problem. I see it on the college campus all the time - layering, more layering, over layering, significant cut to get some body back in the style!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 1:50pm
Texdillo, nail on the head buddy.
HAWG
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 3:20pm
I just got back from a vacation in Toronto and there was a HUGE number of females with this look.  Most were of orental decent but they were def not the only ones doing it.

Many were layered so much even dave decker would advise them to trim off inches and inches.  I hope this trend doesn't last long!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 9:33pm
Same here. keep lenght but lose body? Yuck.
Longhaired Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 5:39am
I agree with the others. I don't care for the excessive layers of hair either.
If a lady wears medium to long hair, it looks much better without the layers, for certain.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 7:39am
texdillo, hawg... word.

Yes Hal, I agree with you.  I am reminded of Courtney Cox Arquette.  Some 6 (?) years ago she had beautiful one-length long hair.  Some here felt that it would look better if it were layered.  Shortly thereafter (coincidence?) her hair was slightly layered.  And it did look good.  And then she gradually had more and more layering done, until it was so overly layered it looked, well, not so good (okay, IMO it was pretty bad).  I was surprised to see recent video of CCA and her hair has grown out again and appears to be slightly layered - and it looks good again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic