Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What to do while exercizing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
splash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do while exercizing
    Posted: March 27 2000 at 5:37pm
Need help. I do step aerobics 4x a week and weights 3x a week. I'm beginning to get worried about how to have my bra-length hair (thin to regular thickness) while I'm working out. When I work out, I bounce alot, so I'm worried about ponytail wear and tear during step. Is there a better way to wear it during workouts?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2000 at 1:00pm
Braid the ponytail and tie off the end of the braid. It makes a big difference.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2000 at 1:45pm
I think Dave's suggestion is a good one. But if you prefer not to braid it, I would think how tight you tie the ponytail may make a big difference. I would think a scrunchie would be easiest on the hair. You can get it fairly secure, yet the soft material would be relatively gentle and not pull on the hair.

I love long hair and am in the process of growing mine out again, but I do have to admit that this is about the *only* area where I think short hair is really an asset. The hair stays off the face and out of the way easily and isn't hot when you're working up a big sweat. However, I also like the "cadence" a ponytail swishing on the back brings when I run!

Jennifer
KatDiva View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2000 at 8:18pm
I have longhair waist length, and while I exercising I twist all my hair and do a low bum and I using band (make sure is a band that doesn't wear and tear my hair) around to keep it tight and its place. The only thing holding my hair is the band. Try it and see I liked better than the ponytail I use to do.
Tanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2000 at 11:48am
I have to say it is real pain to deal with long hair when it comes to exercise; once mine got past my brastrap I got so tired of the thwack! of a long braid during cardio (and a plain ponytail would get very tangled as well as still in the way alot when doing weights and floorwork) and I definitely am hopeless when it comes to frenchbraiding my own hair, I found the only effective thing is to put it in a high chignon with a lot of hairpins! Putting it down low it tends to get in the way when doing anything that requires my hands to be supporting my head or being supine(like ab exercises). Since I usually have to shampoo or at least rinse from the sweat after most workouts I'll often put oil in the last 1/3 or get it wet and goop on some conditioner before putting up so it'll get a little extra conditioning in (live in SoCal and the dryness is so harsh on it). Hope you find what works for you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic