Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asian Remy - Vendors/Feedback/Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asian Remy - Vendors/Feedback/Reviews
    Posted: June 12 2006 at 9:36am
I have read the posts here and on BHM for folks who were buing or interested in buying virgin aisian remy (meaning NOT INDIAN) hair. What I didn't find were any followup reviews where anyone has installed this hair.

Could any of you ladies please let me know if you ever did install this hair, and your opinions of the virgin asian remy.. Specifically I'd like to know:
  1. How the hair performs in general (movement, tangles, matting issues)
  2. What were the wefts like and did you opt for machine or hand tied
  3. Can you request wavy/curly asian hair from Mr Chen or does all the hair come stick straight??
Lastly does anyone know of any other vendors who provide virgin asian remy hair?? Mr Chen and The Long Hair World are the only two vendors I've been able to locate who specialize in virgin asian remy. TLHW only sells the hair in bulk, so you must have it wefted elsewhere.. Kalika bought hair from TLHW, and from her pics and description, it is simply gorgeous hair.  Are there other vendors who also specialize in asian virgin remy hair???
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 9:42am
TLHW - It is BEAUTIFUL hair, I'm sending it off to be wefted though, so I have not had a chance to wear it.  But its a lot denser then Indian hair, so if you want more volume, then you simply need to install more hair, Indian hair had a LOT more body (which makes it a pain in the ass when its humid outside), but the Asian is perfect if you want a sleeker look.  I particularly like that you can order the exact bundle you want, as each and every bundle of hair has its own price and photo(s).

Edit - I promise as soon as I get that hair back its going into my head, and I'll give a full review.   It's just taking a little longer then I had planned, because the AC unit in my car went out, and as soon as I fixed it one of my tires blew, and THEN - today actually - the radiator decided to leak.  So I think my car is cursed Tongue

Edited by Kalika - June 12 2006 at 9:54am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 11:37am
Kalika.. thanks for the quick response.. Ever since your post I go to TLHW at least ONCE a week.. The hair is sooooo pretty, and the price is DEFINITELY right.. If you don't mind telling, where are you getting the hair wefted???

Edited by Divavocals - June 12 2006 at 11:38am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 11:56am
extensions-plus.com Smile

Oh, and I don't think Im familier with Mr Chen, does he have a website I could take a peek at?

Edited by Kalika - June 12 2006 at 11:58am
gapeachmiabeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gapeachmiabeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 3:59pm
kalika- have you recieved your hair back from extension plus?
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 6:28pm
Kalika, Thanks for the update. I'll be interested to know how this hair comes out once it is wefted. If one has fine, straight, shiny hair, do you think the Asian hair will blend well? I'm looking for a sleek, straight, sort of heavy texture, but wondering if courser Asian hair will blend with fine Caucasian hair?
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 4:00am
Hey Girls,
What's the website address for The long hair World?
Thanks
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 5:33am
Hi Kalika,
I did a search for Long Hair World, but couldn't find the email address. When you have some time would you let me know?
Mahalo,
mokipono
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 12:08pm
If you do a search for TLHW you will find Kalika's old post with the URL.. HTH

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 5:22pm
Virgin Asian remy lays flatter than Indian & is smoother. It doesn't "grow" as time goes on. It's also much, much cleaner in its virgin state as most would suspect given the economics of the two regions. More often, the hair comes straight with that slight bend to it. It has a tell-tale "c" curl on its natural ends after wash. I always opt for machine over hand-tied. Just a personal preference based on better experiences with machine. Don't think you'll find much natural curly Asian. I've bought a mess of it and it's all been as you see below.

Elite Asian Remy pictured (left is wash/air dry, right is curled with a 1" iron):

lynnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Virgin Asian remy lays flatter than Indian & is smoother. I've bought a mess of it and it's all been as you see below. 

Hmmm nice pics... do you plan on selling any/ posting on your website?
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:21pm
lynnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Syren123 Syren123 wrote:

http://www.tlhw.com/tlhw000/hairsale/HAIRSELL-000.htm

Thanks -  but, at this point in time I am not interested in purchasing bulk...

I would it would have to be wefted already ( pref. machine ).

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:09pm
That was in answer to Mokipono's post.
Amm's site www.shrinkies.net has the wefted asian hair in the picture.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 12:39pm
lynnie, I have it. I'll be getting some longer lengths as well.
lynnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

lynnie, I have it. I'll be getting some longer lengths as well.
Hee, hee I was to lazy to check -----> isn't that horrible LOL

mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 10:27pm
Kalika,
Have you worn the TLHW hair since being wefted? The hair looks so beautiful! How does it wear? Any tangles or problems?

Edited by mokipono - August 31 2006 at 10:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic