Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is soda okay if it is diet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is soda okay if it is diet?
    Posted: June 13 2006 at 11:58pm
I HAVE to have soda. If I don't drink it I get sluggish and get a horrible headach. I buy only Diet Dr. Pepper. It has 0 calories 0 fat grams 55 mg of sodium 0 carbs.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 1:49am

A lot of people say not to drink it at all, even if it is diet.  However, I've been a Diet Pepsi addict for years, and there's no way I can give it up completely!  I've cut back, though, so I try to only drink a can or two per day.  Definitely you should try to drink water instead as much as possible, because that's the best thing for you, but having something else once in a while shouldn't hurt.

More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 10:53am
I drink Crystal Light to. The Ruby Red Grapefruit kind. I have cut back on the soda some.
sunnycher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnycher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:25pm
IF you want to lose weight - switch to water.    Room temperature water with a squeeze of lemon will not stimulate your taste buds like Diet colas do, and it will get things "moving" if you know what I mean!
SunnyCher
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:58pm
soda isnt good regardless i mean one in a blue moon wont hurt you but it can cause a lot of stomach problems ulcers etc be careful.
Babycheeks
pet_sounds_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pet_sounds_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 3:18pm
The thing with "diet sodas" is they are great for dieting, but the sugar substitute is very bad for you. Aspartame is *this* close to being pulled off the market. Water water water.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 7:58pm
Actually I think they found that aspertame really doesn't hurt you. Or at least my mom told me they did.
pet_sounds_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pet_sounds_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 11:41am
Well just check it out on the net. Google it and you'll see there are many sites that say how bad it is for you. Including doctors. I actually asked my doctor and he confirmed that it's bad for you.
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 3:18pm
aspertame is only bad for you if you take it in large quantities, other than that you should be fine. I believe there is an article on the different substitutes..
as for diet sodas, I recommend staying away from them...they ruin your enamel and destroy your bone mass. When I learned that it is harmful to your bones, I immediatly stopped drinking sodas and learned that I don't NEED to have it, I also noticed that my bones did become stronger after a few weeks of no sodas....
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 4:06am
Originally posted by palikane palikane wrote:

When I learned that it is harmful to your bones, I immediatly stopped drinking sodas and learned that I don't NEED to have it, I also noticed that my bones did become stronger after a few weeks of no sodas....

How did you notice that your bones became stronger?

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:24pm
Palikane is right soda does destroy your bones. For every can of soda you drink, you need to drink a can of water to counter act the acid. It doesn't filter right in your kidness, and even if is diet causes you to gain weight because of all the carbon in it. I know is hard to give it up. It was for me, and I used to say the same thing "I can't live without it". Well, it turns out I can. Your body will get use to it and will start craving water instead. Alot of places now have low sugar lemonade and sports drinks (Mcdonalds, Subway, Taco bell etc) so now you have more choices. It will be hard at the begining but as the days go by it will get easier and easier until you will no longer miss it.
Don't get me wrong, I'll have a soda once in a while, but will never drink all the soda I used to drink before. I used to drink soda instead of water, and would go literaly weeks without any water just soda, or juice if I couldn't get my hands on a soda.
I don't even buy soda in my house anymore, got my sister to stop buying it for my nephews and nieces. Soda is probably the most unhealthy thing you can put in your body.

Your body needs water, your cells are mostly water. If you don't drink enough, they become toxic and polluted and are unable to perform their functions properly. And worst of all, you will age quickly. You need water to cleanse you bowel system and to keep your skin young and wrinkle free. So drink more water.

Edited by Sharyg11 - August 27 2006 at 4:29pm
Heavenseventeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenseventeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 11:34am
The weight started dropping off as I stopped drinking fizzy drinks more often and eventually at all. I was just like you. I thought that I couldn't live without them, but you can.
Dance? I Am! And I'm Flying Too...
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:20pm
 Try one of the  sodas that are now sweetened with SPLENDA instead of asparateme.Spenda is made from sugar and even reccomended for people with diabetes.
Some of them have it listed right on the label that they now use Splenda.
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 12:04pm
i heard soda all buble drinks cause cellulite.
WATER is best drink! or herbal teas without sugar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 7:43pm
soda is never good regardless for a diet for health for skin for anything it makes the body toxic.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:53pm
 I drink like,one a week (if that). I have never been much on soda,but my husband is addicted to dr. pepper.
I mostly like tea (green tea)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 11:50am
Yes your like me i like green tea but i also like other herbal teas, i do like juice if its low sugar i really like Odwella juice i think that is what its called.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 2:17pm
Any suggestions on how to convince my husband to lay off the Dr. Pepper? You guys dont understand...he is so addicted the next step may be injecting it in his veins,LOL! He complains when he quits he gets headaches and feels tired. I know it's bad for him though.When he has to have like,6 a day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 10:02am
only suggestion DONT BUY IT!!! and try to get him intersted in a different drink. Hes gotta get off that stuff at least for now get caffeine free!! It is a drug and i did a lot of research on caffeine, and it causes diseases in time just like any other drug. But even being on caffeine free doesnt make it right the acids in soda will tear up his stomach the older he gets the result gastritis ulcers etc.. not to mention dark sodas cause yellow teeth.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 8:00pm
Ulcers and yellow teeth are the mild side effects. It gets even worse. Soda eats away your bones. For every can of soda you drink, you need to consume 30 cans of water to counteract the effect. It is also horrible for your kidneys, your skin and your weight, even if it is diet. It is normal for someone with a soda addiction to get headaches when not having it. People addicted to coffe have the same problem. It usually goes away within 3 days. Tell him to take some exedrin in the meantime. It is much better than drinking all that soda. Don't get me wrong, I have a soda once in while, but try to avoid it as much as I can. I used to be addicted to it, but the side effects are just not worth it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic