Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toner to remove gold?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toner to remove gold?
    Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:32am
Thanks for the response sarytyr.  I would describe the tones in my hair just like you did - yellow/gold/orange, and I would prefer to be more of a beige blonde, so perhaps the color you used will work for me as well.  I will ask at Sally's.  Thanks! :)

Nikki
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 11:39am
Hopefully there will be someone at Sally's that can help you determine which color toner will give you the result you want.  I had the same problem last week and what was recommended to me was a Wella toner named Princess Blonde with a volume 30 developer for 15 minutes.  It worked perfectly for neutralizing the yellow/gold/orange that was in my hair at the time - it is now more of a beige blonde.  My hair's condition did not worsen (of course I immediatly applied a deep conditioner) from processing with the toner.
XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 9:15pm
Hi there,

I posted recently for help with doing my own root touchups and got some great advice (thanks again!).  I'm going to be heading to Sally's within the next couple of days to pick up the products I need to get the job done.  While I'm there, I'd like to see about getting a toner to tone down the warm gold/yellow tones in my light blonde hair.  I would like to be more of a cool blonde and am hoping that there is a product that can help with this without damaging my already somewhat-damaged hair.  I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks!

Nikki
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic