Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clip your own ends? Help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clip your own ends? Help!!
    Posted: June 21 2006 at 3:23pm
Okay guys. I finally mustered up the courage to do it but I need your help. I'm 4b naturhal and  I need my ends clipped but I am scurred. I dont trust hairdressers  to clip my hair but I have split ends and I really want to take care of this problem. There is one lady that usually does my hair for me but she is unreachable right now and I just cant wait any longer. Can somebody pleaseee help me. Any Tips or advice/tutorial would  be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have never attempted this before.  Someone help me before I hurt myself lol. Thanx in advance.

My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by *~earthangel*~ *~earthangel*~ wrote:

Okay guys. I finally mustered up the courage to do it but I need your help. I'm 4b naturhal and  I need my ends clipped but I am scurred. I dont trust hairdressers  to clip my hair but I have split ends and I really want to take care of this problem. There is one lady that usually does my hair for me but she is unreachable right now and I just cant wait any longer. Can somebody pleaseee help me. Any Tips or advice/tutorial would  be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have never attempted this before.  Someone help me before I hurt myself lol. Thanx in advance.

You could try one of Feye's Self Trimming methods , depending on how long your hair is. It's the one I use.

Also, you could make around 6-8 braids or twists on dry hair. Secure the ends with rubber bands or ouchless elastics, and trim off whatever you feel is necessary. It works just as well, and it's a bit easier too.

HTH

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 11:53am

Thanks So much for your help.

My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveya4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:00pm
I go through out the hair searching for splits and damaged looking hairs, and I cut only the hairs that need to come off.   I clip my ends as i flat iron....

I flat iron 1 inch sections of hair, clip the damage...then move on to the next section.  I do this in a really bright light so that the damage is visable. 
Loveya4ever
http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 12:17pm
I do Feye's blunt cut method. It works nicely I might add.
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic