Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where do u get sulphur powder?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do u get sulphur powder?
    Posted: June 22 2006 at 2:23pm
I am thinking of making my own MTG but don't know where I should start looking for the powder...TIA

Edited by blackhoney112 - June 22 2006 at 2:25pm
Hair album
pw:Romeo
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 2:56pm
Have you done a google search for sulphur Powder which is yellow in colour . I got my from baldwins.co.uk ( natural health store in London) and they ship internationally. As i live in the uk you may be better to do a search first so that you don't have to bother with shipping costs. The sulphur is cheap and packaged in bags according to what size you want.  Hope this helps
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
Jazzyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazzyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 4:12pm
I got mine from Eckerd.
Jazzy aka Chai

Goals: SL, APL, BSL

"Those that say it cannot be done, should not disturb those that are doing it."
KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 6:28pm
How are you guys using it??
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 7:28pm
You can mix it with your oils like Coconut, Oilive oil , Jojoba , sweet almond etc and add a few drops of lavender or rosemary. I remember noting on a thread a while back to do with Mtg giving some women grey hairs and i added info about a replica mix using sulphur powder . I saw the info about the replica mix  on another hair board
Sharon71XxX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 8:56am
Thanks for the help guys...I am going to check out GNC because it looks like they have the capsules ....I am going to attempt your replica suggestion sharon71 because I read about the gray hairs and I also read that MTG contains mineral oil and my hair hates that oil.
Hair album
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by blackhoney112 blackhoney112 wrote:

Thanks for the help guys...I am going to check out GNC because it looks like they have the capsules ....I am going to attempt your replica suggestion sharon71 because I read about the gray hairs and I also read that MTG contains mineral oil and my hair hates that oil.

Blackhoney If you go to search and type in 'MTG Help' ( topic) It will give you more details of the replica mix . The topic was about the grey hair issue. I have never used MTG myself and at the time this topic was posted i happened to see on another board a lady had talk about a replica mix . I think the initial source of info came from napturality and people have adpated it to suit what oils they perfer to use with their sulfur . I also think the coconut oil , jojoba and EVVO are the main ones . Also an EO of your choice ( i used lavender oil as suggested) . I posted the amounts for the mix too.
Sharon71XxX
chocomom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocomom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 11:35pm
http://www.pennherbcompany.com sells flowers of sulphur powder with shipping for about $15.00
ithank you for my blessing of MY CHILD!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 1:33pm
Thank you for the link, I found MSM powder at a natural food store.
Hair album
dailone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dailone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2010 at 9:58pm
you can buy it  from some sulphur powder factory, http://www.be-longgroup.com/Sulfur.html Wink

Edited by dailone - August 19 2010 at 9:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic