Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1'' or 1.5'' ? Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
flowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1'' or 1.5'' ? Help!
    Posted: June 23 2006 at 5:59pm
Ok I'm thinking about getting a Sedu, but I'm having trouble deciding what size to get. You see I have hair that reaches about two inches past my bra strap. That's why I want to get the 1.5'' but I also want to be able to curl my hair too. Most people recommend those who want to curl their hair as well to get the 1'' so I don't know if when you curl it with the 1.5'' one they aren't as nice or if it more difficult. Can anyone help? Thanks 
Dontno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dontno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 11:27pm
I would take 1". coz it's not a big difference between 1" and 1.5" while you are straightening hair, but 1" is better for curling. I personally have 1" and sometimes thing that I should have gotten 3/4".  IMHO
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 8:31am
Don't waste your money on a SEDU flat iron they are overrated BIG TIME!

This is the Flat Iron you want to own.....as a stylist our cost is $85.00 but it retails for $169.99 and it's incredible. No lines of demarcation either because the flat iron has beveled edges so it's easy for everyone to use. I see tons of them for auction on Ebay and going off at descent prices too. Goto Ebay and do a search for "Paul Mitchell Flat Iron" they really are excellent. As a stylist I've used CHI, Sedu, Wigo, Tourmaline and the Paul Mitchell iron outperforms them all and that's saying alot....oh and it heats up in 9 seconds flat too.

Stick with the 1" Flat Iron anything else is too big. Remember to use a spray on thermal protector like CHI 44 Iron Guard if you are flat ironing your hair....it's very important to prevent drying of the hair strands....

Here it is....

Cheers

Edited by Claude - June 27 2006 at 8:32am
flowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 12:29pm
Thanks for the help everyone! I guess with whatever hair straightner I get I'll get a 1''.

Claude I would try out the Paul Mitchell iron, but it's way past the money I have to spend on a flat iron. I guess I'm just going to keep looking at reviews to see what I get since I've been reading also about how the sedu is over rated. It's all left me confused!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 12:57am
Hi, I can tell you from personal experience the Sedu is anything but over rated. I have tried them all! and the only flat irons that have worked, at least for me are the Sedu and Solia. Everyone is different, and different people like different irons. I read posts by stylists that swear by Sedu, some others swear by Chi (which is a piece of crap), so it all comes down to the individual and what works better for then. I made the mistake to buy a Bioionic, when I didn't know anything about flat irons. $398 later, I was sorry I did. Now after trying many others I can tell you the Sedu and Solia are great. Better than the T3, Chi, Hai, Fhi, Helen of Troy, Adam sphere Super Star (which I paid $150 for)etc. I've never tried the Paul Mitchell. I never had the need to try another flat iron after finding the Sedu. Exept for when I tried my friend's Solia. I realized it was just as great if not better. I'm sure the Paul Mitchell is very good. But you said you don't want to spend that much.  Defenitly get the 1". I would probably get the Solia though. The shape is better for curling your hair. It also does not get as hot as the Sedu, and it is cheaper. Folica.com has a 30 day money back guarantee. So if you don't like it, you can always return it. My review is there for the Sedu, with a before and after picture. It has my name on it "Shary".I'm also going to do my nieces hair and post her pictures as well. She has crazy curly and course hair. And it comes out so beautiful when I use the Sedu on her. Check out the pictures on the reviews. A picture is worth a thousand words. I've come to find out that most people don't really know how to use a flat iron (not talking about professional hair stylists of course) and end up not liking the results, and blaming the flat iron. I'll give you an example, my neighboor loves my Sedu, but she can not get her hair to look half as good with it, as I can. Someone sold her an FHI. And she can't get any better results with it either. I used it on her and got her the same great results (eventhough I had to work a little harder that with my Sedu). I'm sure if it wasn't because I've done her hair, she would probably tell people the irons aren't that great. Instead, now she tells people she is not as good as me when it comes to flat ironing hair. When I look at some of the pictures at Folica.com, I see a bunch of people with hair way better than mine, and eventhough they give good reviews to the product, I can tell they have not gotten the handle on using their iron yet. Their hair could look so much better. But I can relate. I wasn't that good at the begining either. It takes practice and discovering the right products. So Give it a try and judge for yourself.
Good luck and beautiful hair.
balenciagababe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balenciagababe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 3:29pm
i think the 1" because it's easier to work and much more versatile if you want to be able to curl and stuff.
i just ordered my sedu yesterday, congrats on yours!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 9:03pm
Hey, I posted my nieces's pictures at folica.com. If you click on customer reviews for the Sedu 1 1/2" you will see them. They are under Shary, and are one right on top of the other. So take a look at them and let me know what you think.
dublin13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dublin13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 3:13pm
Hi,

I was searching the web for flat irons and came across your review of the Sedu.  Do you still like that iron?  I was debating between that and an FHI Runway, which is more expensive but supposed to be the best.  Your pictures were great.  If you want to e-mail back, I'm mhall@hunton.com.  Thanks.
angieOLDSCHOOL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angieOLDSCHOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 11:47pm
I think its best to get smaller ones because it can get to your roots easier.
And it will be good for curls as well. I got the paul mitchell one in my cosmo. case and it is GREATT and SO worth the money.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic