Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I go this short?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I go this short?
    Posted: June 24 2006 at 12:06am
I have a square face shape, actually it is ver similar to Mandy Moore.  I want to get my hair cut like Samaire Armstrong.  Here are the links that i REALLY like! Below is a picture of me and of the same hairstyle just on a different day.

SHould I go for it?...right now its touching my shoulders.

Edited by tashanicole86 - June 24 2006 at 10:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 12:10am

Edited by tashanicole86 - June 24 2006 at 11:40am
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 12:39am
I was only able to get one photo, the top one, which looks like a nice hairstyle.
The other pics, including the one of you, didn't come through.
Brent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 1:30am

The first picture was me, and the second two are what i would like to do.  If you have any suggestions of what would be good for me too...that would be appreciated, as far as this haircut is concerned, should i go for it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 1:31am
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 6:02am
Obviously in this forum most will encourage you to go short.  We're a biased crowd. 

I think it's a good move for you to either go shorter or longer as the current look squares off your jawline.  I like the Samaire Armstrong look for you a lot.  You have something of her in your face in that I think if you tried to pull off a really dainty, ultra-feminine look you would have trouble, but a funkier sexy look will suit you really well.  I vote to go with the short look and think you made a good pick.  Not many can pull of Samaire's look but you will do great.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 6:03am
BTW - I wouldn't recommend going shorter than the pictures you've posted.  I think a pixie would really harden your face and not do well.  Keep some flip or curl or a little bit of length.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 12:13pm
Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it, I think I am going to do it. Hopefully fairly soon.  I'd would appreciate more opinions from others, just cuz I am a little nervous how it will make my face shape appear. THANKS
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 2:29pm
Looks like a good option to me - go for it
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
ricksnip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksnip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 5:34pm
go for it you have a beautiful face and any short cut would really suit you!!!! you have great features you should show them off!! so i think you should chop it off
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 10:22pm
Go for the short hairstyle. You are a lovely, feminine lady who would look delightful in short hair. And you could even wear a pixie if it was styled the right way for you.

Edited by SanFranBrent - June 24 2006 at 10:24pm
Brent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 11:01pm

Thanks, I really appreciate all the advice. I think I am going to do it!  If anyone has any more comments, i would really appreciate it.

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 12:47am
my only last  suggestion is you may need to get some new highlights as well that will perk up that style.
Babycheeks
ricksnip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksnip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 8:51am
i agree get some highlights and go short!!! you have a perfect face for short hair!! even pixie short. so if you chop it off please post some after photos. good luck you will look awesome

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 10:54pm
I really really would like more opinions and comments. I am starting to chicken out about this cut and still have ike 3-5 more days before I will be able to get it done.  I would really appreciate reassurance that this style will look good and still be sexy and feminine on my face.  I am paranoid about getting a bad haircut cuz i had one when i was younger and Hated it....THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!!
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:11pm
Haha!
Just go to a really good beauty salon with good hairstylists that are accustomed to doing short 'dos on young women. And then don't worry about it. You will look just fine lovely lady.

Edited by SanFranBrent - June 25 2006 at 11:13pm
Brent
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:45pm
You have very similar features. I think you should try the cutstyle. It looks like it will fit your face very well. I agree highlites should be incorporated into the cut.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 1:52am

I think you have a simular look/ simular facial features as Samaire Armstrong. So I think it would be a perfect fit to have the same cut she has.

The last pic of her with the guy from The O.C. shows her cut the best.
If you do go for it make sure you bring all those pics so the stylist can see all the angles of the hairstyle. If you do that, I think it'll turn out and look exactly how it looks on her.
good luck with it all.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 8:54am
well ill be perfectly honest with you ( the style you have NOW really isnt doing it for you ) ITs a bit stringy and shaggy and you need a update It doesnt even shape your face it just hangs it has no definition around your structure, i personally think you will look fine with this new cut but that is my opinion. :) good luck. I do hope you do something if not this cut something you do need something a bit more flattering.
Babycheeks
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by tashanicole86 tashanicole86 wrote:

I really really would like more opinions and comments. I am starting to chicken out about this cut and still have ike 3-5 more days before I will be able to get it done.  I would really appreciate reassurance that this style will look good and still be sexy and feminine on my face. 

You're asking the impossible.  You want to know for certain that you're going to look fantastic and that you're going to love your haircut.  There's only one way to find out for certain, and that's to do it.

It may turn out that you love the way you look and feel!  Or, you may hate it.

The problem is that all the people begging you to cut it won't be around when you have to look at yourself in the mirror each morning in the unfortunate case that you really hate it.  It appears that most people here will tell you to cut it, no matter what, simply because they want women to cut their hair short.

You really have to do what YOU want.  Sometimes that involves taking risks.  If you're able to accept the possible negative consequences, then do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic