Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Great Lengths: The Rolls Royce of Hair Extensions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Lengths: The Rolls Royce of Hair Extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dearcole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dearcole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Lengths: The Rolls Royce of Hair Extensions?
    Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:45am
hi i'm new.

About 2 weeks ago i got Great Lengths hair extensions. I was told these were the best of the best. and so i expected the best of them.

I just want to know if this is normal and how to care for them properly.
1.   I pulled out two of the bonded hair strands. the bond on them was way down my hair not near my scalp and when i was brushing it got tangled and pulled right out. i saved the hair

will they be able to reapply this hair that i pulled out and saved?

2. Great Lengths says not to use products containing sulfur. All of the Paul mitchell products that i had prior contained some kind of sulfur. So, i Got a shampoo and conditioner from an organic food store. Not the best, very drying. deffinately NOT salon quality, which sucks.

Do i really have to spend a ton of money on the Great Lengths shampoo/conditioner? Any advice?

3. Should i or not condition the bonds? they seem to be very dry and brittle. After pulling out two already, I am terribly scared to pull out or break off the rest of my investment!!!!

4.  A week after i had them in, i went to my usual salon, (i had to go to another salon which sold Great Lengths). I had my trustworthy stylist put highlights in with my extensions.

Could this have hurt the condition of the bonds or my extensions?
They were SO expensive that i want to keep my investment in fabulous condition!!

5.   Does anyone have any really good advice for taking really good care of specifically Great Lengths extensions or has anyone had these put in?

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 11:07am
Do a search on the main board and you'll find a lot of info.

As a professional, I certainly do not think GL is the 'Rolls Royce' of extensions.  They are good at their market hype, lying to their clients, and overcharging.
PanamaPynk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaPynk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 2:59pm
I'm black and I saw a girl online with Argentinean Remy Weave. What is the best weave to buy that looks NATURAL.
PanamaPynk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaPynk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 3:01pm

Does anyone know where i can buy Argentinean weave?

WHS-met View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHS-met Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:27am

Lot's of my hair extension clients use Pureology Shampoo and conditioner the Purple line is the one that works!

World Wide Provider of Quality Hair, Supplies, and Education
www.worldhairsystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic