Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A few more questions about extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rbuzz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rbuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few more questions about extensions
    Posted: May 03 2000 at 6:50pm
I'm thinking about getting the glue in extensions (I just received a haircut that I hate. It the length is just below my ears on the sides and slightly stacked in the back. I'm wondering how long your hair has to be before you can get them (In the back I have pieces that are only 2" long)? How do they glue them in, they surely don't glue each individual hair? How do you comb through them? Can you treat them like your own hair and blow dry them, curl them, etc.? I would really appreciate any information to help inform me. Thanks
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2000 at 6:22pm
Hi Rbuzz:

Extensions are sure fun and very handy when you get that haircut you hate. Hair extensions can be human hair or synthetic hair. If you are going to use the glue in method you need to take clean partings across the back of the head from hairline to hairline. Pin away the leftover hair away from the parting. Apply hair glue on the extrension seam and place on the parting. You can place the extension on the scalp itself or right off the scalp onto the hair. Press in place while using a hot blow dryer to set the glue. One drawback of hair extentions is that you cannot comb your own hair at the scalp because you will pull out the extensions. Another drawback is that unless you buy human hair you cannot use a curling iron or alot of heat on the extended hair. One other drawback is that if you shampoo your hair alot (daily) you will not be able to scrub you scalp because you will loosen the glue and the extension will start to pull away from where it is supposed to be. Other than those facts hair extensions are fun and a good way to get a new look immediately. There are also hair extensions that use a hot glue procedure which costs alot of money and is put in pretty much as individual strands of hair. These are very tedious to do and must be done by a professional. Good luck and have fun getting long hair, curly hair, blond hair, red hair, or whatever you want.

Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic