Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
longhairgrower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairgrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor
    Posted: July 03 2006 at 5:55pm

This is proabably a stupid question but is it necessary to use a moisturizing conditioner after using this because it never seems to make my hair feel dry or hard so I didnt really find it necessary to use a moisturizing conditioner

longhairgrower

ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 5:57pm
I've never tried. Does it say on the bottle that it conditions as well? Sometimes reading the lable will tell you exactly how to use product, (i.e. what to do before, what to follow up with, how to rinse, etc.)
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairgrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:04pm
On the bottle it does say that it restores elasticity and softness to the hair. In the directions it says that you should just rinse it out then dry and style your hair as usual but I wanted to be sure because I have heard many people say that after using protein you should follow up with a moisturizing conditioner
longhairgrower

stillinlove63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stillinlove63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:14pm
After  I do any protein treatment I follow up with a conditoner just to be safe b/c i don't want to o.d. on protein and get breakage!  I think you should but it's your hair so you have to decide.  HTH
Current: SL
Goal: APL by '07
3B/3C thick
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:24pm

and they say conditioning is the best thing for your hair. So why not. It shouldn't do any harm.

ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:30pm
!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairgrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 11:29pm
Thanks ladies
longhairgrower

srada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:49pm

I don't think its necessary to use an additional moisturizer.   I think you may be thinking of a couple of other products from ApHOGEE.  If you use the Treatment for Damaged Hair, then you must follow that with the Balancing Moisturizer.  I have used the Keratin Reconstructor alone as a final conditioner with no ill effects.  Hope this helps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairgrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:56pm
Thanks srada.  Thats good to know because it didnt leave my hair feeling like most reconstructors do.
longhairgrower

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 6:50am
it is my understanding that you do use a moisturizer after the reconstructer to restore balance.. meaning having protein and moisturizer together restores the balance that your hair needs, that may be the reason you can feel the difference.. that's why after i use the reconstructer, i use aphogee balance moisturizer..
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by stillinlove63 stillinlove63 wrote:

After  I do any protein treatment I follow up with a conditoner just to be safe b/c i don't want to o.d. on protein and get breakage!  I think you should but it's your hair so you have to decide.  HTH

True, Protein is a Hair life-saver, but you you MUST moisturize.  Too much of a good thing can be bad.  Aphogee has a rebalancing moisturizer that I use after all my protein treatments.
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic