Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank You Karen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
youngcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank You Karen
    Posted: July 03 2006 at 11:52pm
thank you karen for all the games your always making this site better and better

Boy Wonda View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Wonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 11:53pm
theres games since when?
youngcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 11:56pm
i guess since today the link is a sticky
Boy Wonda View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Wonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:02am
o imma check that out
youngcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:11am
yea check those out theres 125
HeadnRotation View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadnRotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 10:49am
dang i didnt know there was games either this site was fine to me b4..but now its gettin way betta
administrater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:42pm
Hey YoungCity,

Thanks for your post. Yes...we are working on the forums. The goals for 2006 were the following:

1. Update the latest board software - which was done about 2 months ago.
2. Dedicate one entire server for just the messageboards - now we have that plus full redundancy to help with any failures or to minimize/limit any downtime as much as possible. We are constantly upgrading the servers to make them faster and more powerful.
3. Add games - 125 have been added and more are scheduled.

Note: We are open to suggestions. If there are games you want to suggest that we add - we are happy to look into it. We will also be looking at enhancing the Fun Zone (at the top of the forum here) with additional things for our uses.

4. Increase The Ladder Titles - We did that last week. Now people can be up to Lifetime members.
5. Look at frequent flier perks for loyal members.
6. Arrange a Napster hookup (working on that one right now).
7. Look at additional features for the boards.
8. Assign a full time HB.com IT person to boards - Andrew is now full time responsible for HairTalk (he reports to me). You can email Andrew with any problems at awalker@hairboutique.com.

You can also email me - shelton@hairboutique.com or Jeff is the backup - Hines@hairboutique.com.

We also have 8 people on our admin team that watch the boards for spam and fighting and other problems. You can do a Report on any posts that are inappropriate and someone will take care of it w/in 24 hours.

Thanks for all of your loyal visits.

Karen

PS. We looked at a shoutbox but decided against it for the time being due to user feedback.

Edited by administrator - July 04 2006 at 12:48pm
youngcity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngcity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 1:12pm
your welcome and i see why no shoutbox because all that really cause is beef
Daymo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 2:41pm
A Karen these games r kwel this site is getting better and better

Edited by Daymo - July 04 2006 at 6:14pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 2:44pm
Thanks Daymo....good to see ya here.

Appreciate the feedback.

Karen
young_africa View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 3:02pm

yeah the site is gettin better and better every time. the ladder system was a good move and i cant wait until that napster thing.

what kind of perks are there goin to be for loyal members and how will loyal members be distinguished from other members?

swissta View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 3:12pm
kool feaure 4 the site
[IMG]http://i10.tinypic.com/2rw6ddu.jpg" />
Answer 2 Wave Problems . . . Simply Just Brush More Dammit!
Boy Wonda View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Wonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 3:40pm
true say thats why i like karen lookin out for the site
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 4:11pm

nice features

"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by young_africa young_africa wrote:

yeah the site is gettin better and better every time. the ladder system was a good move and i cant wait until that napster thing.

what kind of perks are there goin to be for loyal members and how will loyal members be distinguished from other members?

The loyal members are distinguished by the ladder system which is based on the number of posts...and not just one word posts either....real posts. You guys know what I mean.

We are working on napster today in fact. There are some issues we have to resolve but hoping to get that hooked up soon. We will be enhancing the games as well to offer more feedback options where people can post hints on how to do better at the games...etc.,

As far as the perks...they are being discussed but we are hoping to offer special features here for the long time members that post good posts all the time.

Long how far we've come...we'll get there. One thing to remember about HairTalk. We have been on the Net for almost 10 years - nonstop - since early 1997. We are not going away anytime soon. So you can count on to always be here, be up and be open to new ideas and features.

Thanks for all your visits.

Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic