Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RK
    Posted: July 04 2006 at 2:34am
I have ask this before and have not received a answer yet. What is are who is RK is that a hair supplier, help me out people.
lovelove
songstress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote songstress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 4:50am
www.indianhairs.com has the link in the bootom of the web page and they are the supplier i currently have the single drawn in 18 inches and it's ok hair i need an hot oil tretment but i give it an 71/2 as fair as quality goes
jasmine wills
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 9:52am

the direct link to the website is www.rkhairproducts.com

Badgalmel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgalmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 11:09am
I went on the link for RK hair and I can't believe how cheap it is for Virgin hair!! Am I reading this right?

Also I'm not sure what single/double drawn means? It seems that double drawn has more frizz to it for those pics... am I right?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 11:31am
This great explanation is courtesy of DivaVocals:

Definitions of single versus double drawn
Remy (AKA Remi) Hair: Simply is the hair-bundle, with hair arranged in such a way that the roots of all the hair in entire bundle are on one end of the bundle and the ends on the other end of the bundle. Remy hair has its cuticles intact. In other words, all the cuticles are Unidirectional (in same direction) and are undisturbed. You should be aware that not all hair sold as Remy (Remi) is TRULY remy hair as per this definition. Genuine remy hair is sold in two forms:

Remy Hair Single Drawn: This hair is collected by shaving the head and hence each bundle of hair is like pony tail with different hair lengths with the very short hair taken out. For example: in a bundle of 20" "remy single drawn" you could find hair of size 14" 16", 18" 20"
    Remy Hair Double Drawn: This is usually the most expensive hair. This is single drawn hair which has been cut on both ends so that the whole bundle of hair is the same length. For example a 20" Remy Double Drawn hair-bundle will have all hairs of 20" (hair is drawn by hand, not by machine hence small error is evitable). It does not have any short hair inside.
Non Remy Hair: Also called fallen hair. This hair has the roots and ends mixed up. This hair has problems with tangling as the cuticles are not in same direction. This hair is not very expensive. Though this kind of hair has problems, it is still the most popular kind of hair sold in the world. Most BSS hair is Non Remy hair. Non Remy hair is sold as Double Drawn hair and has two kinds of quality.

Tangle Free Non Remy Hair: Sometimes referred to as “cuticle hair”. This is Non Remy Hair where the cuticles have been chemically removed. This hair has gone through an acid bath which strips most of the cuticle from the hair. The cuticle removal helps prevent tangling from misaligned cuticles. The hair is then dipped in silicone in an attempt to give the hair a healthy appearance. The hair will appear beautiful and shiny at first, but after shampooing and styling, the silicone coating eventually wears off. The hair will eventually become tangled, dry and unmanageable.
    Normal Non Remy Hair: This is the least expensive hair available, but it has the most tangling problems as the cuticles are misaligned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 11:45am

Thanks everyone, I think for now I will stick to Giovanni or EP hair over the past years I haven't had any problems with their hair  and my clients love it. Thank you gals for everything.

lovelove
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 11:46am
You can't go wrong with Extensions Plus hair, they're all about quality.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 11:53am

Malibu have you every use this RK hair?

lovelove
Badgalmel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgalmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:24pm
Thank you so much, you girls know everything!!

Has anybody bought this hair from RK or Inianhairs? What's the quality like?
 Do they have good customer service? It doesn't seem as though anybody rates them too highly? ....
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Badgalmel Badgalmel wrote:

Thank you so much, you girls know everything!!

Has anybody bought this hair from RK or Inianhairs? What's the quality like?
 Do they have good customer service? It doesn't seem as though anybody rates them too highly? ....
I'd do another search of pasts post on the forum.. There have been a number of recent positive reviews posted on this hair..

A few of here have used RK's hair. IMO it's good hair if your budget can't afford Extensions Plus or Giovanni's. I wore it for my last install, and it was nice hair that wore well with minimal problems.. I would wear RK's hair again..

Edited by Divavocals - July 05 2006 at 12:55am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 3:32pm
As was said, RK hair is great for gals on a budget who still want dramatic hair. You can get it long, it's got a lot of body and poof, and you get a ton for the price. While it's better than BSS, it's not top quality by any means. I've used the dark colors for quite a while and it's been okay.

When you're ready to kick it upstairs, it's EP. Although I must say, this JetSet is holding up fabulously! Still shiny, smooth, no splits, and no tangles. It's been 6 weeks.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 4:40pm
1hairlover: No, I haven't. Sorry I can't comment. I know a lot of people really like it. AMM had a good review on it and DivaV has used it.

Edited by malibu - July 06 2006 at 4:40pm

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 6:26pm
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 6:30pm
good heavens thats a darn big pic!    but anyway.....

on the left is RK single drawn remy hand tied as it arrives in its package....

on the right is the RK hair i've worn this past month, i just took it out
yesterday and gave it a deep condition, let it air dry, and pre-Protac'd it for another install sometime or other

those are natural waves, it will be more wavy except it got pretty well slathered in Neutrogena triple moisture deep condish

oh, and i love the RK hair!

Edited by nursie - July 06 2006 at 6:31pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 7:04pm
the hair looks great nursie! I hope I have as much good luck with my RK. Hopefully I can install this weekend!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic