Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

big nose + short hair: can it be done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: big nose + short hair: can it be done?
    Posted: April 05 2019 at 6:57am
I had the same situation. For a long time I was looking for a suitable haircut for my big nose,
and I even more experimented with it. This article helped a lot, it’s a pity that I didn’t find it before. Hope this advise will help someone. https://www.hadviser.com/hair-for-big-nose/

Edited by kello - April 05 2019 at 7:05am
fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by anne6000 anne6000 wrote:

Thanks very much for the updated photo.  I'll bet it is a lot cooler for summer!

Oh yes. It's a relief!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 10:07pm
Thanks very much for the updated photo.  I'll bet it is a lot cooler for summer!
browneyedgirl83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyedgirl83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 9:59pm
it looks great!
fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Ononotdon Ononotdon wrote:

A few more kind words.  You answered the question you posed with a resounding "yes" (not that your features were really much of an issue).  You look smashing.

Thank you very much.
fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 9:54pm

Sorry about that, everyone. I've been tweaking my online photo albums a lot lately (switching photos from webshots to flickr, and I've reached my flickr upload limit for the month). Anyway, you can see a before and after below. (Actually, it's an after and before).

Still loving the new cut. I find that the natural wave I had isn't as pronounced now, which is nice. Just working on growing the pesky bangs out.

CarolNY View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 8:41pm
.............  the same with me when i tried it.
it said the photo was deleted.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 11:28am
I would love to see your new haircut!  Unfortunately, the link you provided said that the photo has been deleted.
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 12:47pm
A few more kind words.  You answered the question you posed with a resounding "yes" (not that your features were really much of an issue).  You look smashing.
fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:27pm
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. It feels really nice to have all that scraggly mess off the back of my neck!
verybored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verybored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:16pm
Your new cut reallly looks very good indeed.
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 5:34am
I quite like it! Very stylish. It works for you lovely lady!
Brent
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 1:28am

Your stylist has done a great job and the cut really suits you.

As you say you can tweak the cut on future visits to suit yourself - without having the dilemna of making the transition from long to short.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 10:03pm
Jamie, your hair looks great.  I'm glad that you like it also.  Another happy ending. 

I really liked your pictures of Germany; made me reminisce about my living there.  My last duty station was Stuttgart and I also lived in Heidelberg when I was younger.  I loved day tripping around Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, on the weekends.  So many beautiful things to see.
HAWG
fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 9:48pm
Hi, everyone!

Got my hair cut this evening! You can see it (along with a bunch of other random photos, if you like) here:

It's not quite as short as I wanted, but that's fine, as I can always go shorter later. I like it a lot; it looks rather 1920's to me. The stylist used a feather razor, which gave it a great piece-y look.

As soon as my bangs are grown out, it will be even better.

Thank you all again for your help!

Jamie

Edited by fickle - July 20 2006 at 9:49pm
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 8:45pm
Fickle,
That's fantastic. You seem to have found a salon and hairstylist who knows what they are doing. Enjoy your day at the beauty salon lovely lady!
Brent
fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 8:38pm

Hi, everyone -

I went for my second consultation today. The stylist was very friendly. She really listened to me and was positive, and gladly looked at all the pictures of hairstyles I was considering. She seemed to think that I could pull off a shorter cut.

I booked an appointment for le chopping on Thursday. What we decided on was it will be rather short in back (but softly done) and longer in front so as not to be too harsh with my face. The only problem is that I have bangs, and for the haircut to look really good they'll need to be grown out. Until then, I'll clip them back or use a headband.

fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

Short in stages might be the way to go.  I did that and ended up ultra short but it took me some time to get there.  It gives you and everyone around you the chance to get used to you without the hair without such a drastic change all at once.  I kept going shorter and shorter because I just really didn't like the inbetween cuts.  I tried an inverted bob with stacked back and really hated it.  I had to get used to the idea of what was actually right for my face, not just something I liked on other people.  That is real important when you are going short.  Try another consultation.  If you get the same advise I would say that maybe they are right.

I think this is a good idea to consider - going short in stages. I've had bobs before and I always felt bored with them - I'd rather have really long hair or really short hair, but in-between doesn't do much for me.
fickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 6:42pm

Aw, thanks, Brent!

I have another consultation scheduled for Monday. We'll see how it goes. If and when I do get my hair cut, I'll post a picture.

Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 6:24pm
And let us know what hairstyle you decide upon lovely lady!
Brent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic