Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

kylie minogue -short hair style product help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sarahmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kylie minogue -short hair style product help!
    Posted: July 10 2006 at 2:43pm
Hello, i'm new here!

i've had short hair for over a year now. i started with a short crop but about two weeks ago decided to do what i've wanted to do for quite some time: i had the natalie portman-esque style short hair. it looks fab and i'm happy with how it really high lights my features and is so easy to manage. plus my hair was over dyed, so it's such a wonderful relief to be back to my natural brown colour! (feels so much heathier!)

but my main issue with this style is that i'm starting to feel i can lose my feminity at times, and it's bringing me down a little even though i love short hair so much, i can't help but look forward to when my hair is back to its old croped shaggy hair length. plus it is getting a bit monotomous not being able to play around with lots of different styles!

at the moment i've got a collection of gels (bedhead -a god send for all croped/shaggy hair! shockwaves, toni & guy etc etc) but what i'm looking for, and i was really hoping you all could help out with, is a product that will create sort of wet look waves for short hair? i'm not even sure if this is possible for hair that is so short! 

although the sort of style i mean is one similar to what kylie minogue is sporting -i'm not sure if any of you will have seen this so..

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/lifestyle/2006-07/04/content_632871.htm
(scroll down on the second picture)

the only way i can think to describe it is wet look waves. It simply looks fab on her with short hair, and i'm really hoping i can borrow this style from her and try it while mine is around the same length!

i've looked at products by umberto giannini in particular the 'curl friends' one but i'm not so sure it would work.

please help! i love my natalie-eqsue short hair to pieces but i really need something to make it feel more me (if that makes sense!)

Edited by sarahmh - July 10 2006 at 2:47pm
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 4:05pm

Interesting timing of your post....

Since you just got your hair cut, did you ask the stylist what products would work best for the look you want?

You also might want to check out the forum that specificially addresses products and how to use them.
sarahmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 4:34pm

aah cheers, i'll go post in that forum too!

i'm afraid i didn't ask my stylist about this style, at the time i didn't know kylie was sporting it and asked for a natalie portman style instead -so she didn't put much product into my hair and just finished it off with gel. though it's only just over the road from me, so i might just pop in tomorrow and ask around.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 12:11am

If you're feeling down about not being able to play with your hair so much, maybe some accessories might help ^_^ .  Even if your hair is very short, you may be able to use hair accessories with Velcro or a snap (like the snaps on clothing) at the back.  With a little glue and creativity, you could even make your own-- just buy some Velcro or snaps at a sewing store and stick on little bows, flowers, beads, jewels, or whatever you like ^_^ .

More awesome than a manatee!
sarahmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 11:06am

yeah i've been doing that. i've got some small slides with gems on and a few thin floral alice bands which look cute!
my hair grows at unbelievably rates, anyway. so i'm not feeling as uncomfortable with it anymore.

but the accessorises do help me feel more girly -if not more girly when i have a flower on my head!

thanks !
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 12:14pm
Also, don't overlook the power of big earrings and a lot of eye makeup.  I have found that short hair really puts emphasis on eyes (and to a lesser degree lips).  I have taken to wearing large hoop earrings and I wear a lot more eye make up and lipstick than I did when my hair was longer.  It is sort of fun.  I have more time now that I don't spend 30 minutes a day styling my hair so I can play around with make up more.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic