Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening Perm/Chemical Straightener

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Prime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening Perm/Chemical Straightener
    Posted: July 11 2006 at 3:36pm
Ok, I got one of these applied to my hair and my hairdresser says there's no specific shampoo and/or conditioners I need to use, but I've been instructed not to wash it for two days. Would Dove Shampoos or Conditioners be harmful?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 12:10am

I would suggest from personal experience, going with a premium brand. Redken works great for me. I use the Smooth down line. Love the Smooth down butter treat. The only problem with it, is that your hair will either love it or hated. If the Smooth down doesn't agree with your hair, then go with Redken All soft heavy cream instead. They are both great for relaxed hair. Makes it soft and healthy looking. Visit verticalsinhair.com and look for Steves hair care regimen for TR'd hair. It works just as well for any kind of relaxed hair.

God bless and beautifull hair

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic