Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help? Do I get colorist to correct mistake?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dhult View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhult Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help? Do I get colorist to correct mistake?
    Posted: July 13 2006 at 2:03am
I am a brunette and I decided to get a full head of golden-blonde hightlights with my stylist who has been cutting my hair every 2-3 months for the past 2 years.  I brought in a picture of Jennifer Aniston where she has brown hair and very warm, golden-blonde highlights.  However, I came out with ash-blonde highlights.  I have had a few people jokingly ask me if I am going grey...it's not that bad, but my hair is obviously ash enough for the joking comments.  I guess my problem is that I wanted very warm highlights and got cold, almost grey ones.  I could live with them, but it is definitely not what I asked for.  Should I tell my stylist and see if she will correct the mistake or just live with them?  If I was her, I would want to know so I could make the customer happy...because if I have to just live with the mistake, I would have a hard time trusting her to do anything in the future, except cut my hair, because I will have to live with whatever $130 dollar mistake she makes.  It is a lot easier to trust your stylist when you are given some sort of recourse when they don't give you what you want.  Better to correct than lose a customer?  Thanks!
pstrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pstrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 7:15am
I think you answered your own question. Absolutely call and tell them you didn't get exactly what you had in mind. If you do it with a good attitude and not a bitchy-whiney one, I think they should receive your request warmly. And if they don't--it's their problem anyway because they didn't get it right. Explain that you wanted "warm" golden highlights and what you have is too ashy for your taste.

I'm trying to do my own hair now because I think it's ridiculous how colorist after colorist can't seem to get my hair right and I pay them 100's of dollars. I was out with my kids the other day and this lady was going on and on about how much she loved my hair color and I told her I did it myself and it was from a box. Cost me about $5. HAHA!!
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 12:36am
Yeah! ^^ Funny, but EVERY TIME I see a woman with gorgeous hair and I ask her where she's had her color done, she says "I did it myself!"

But YES, do tell the stylist you're not happy. If you don't tell them they will believe that you're happy with the service. And they want to keep your business, of course. You're not going to go back if you're unhappy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic