Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From Woman to Boy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amandajones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Woman to Boy
    Posted: July 19 2006 at 2:43am
Hi all,
I thought I would share a true story with you all.

My wife of 10 years has always had chin length hair.  I spent years trying to persuade her to grow it longer but she always resisted.  About 18 months ago she returned home with it cut a bit shorter than usual worried I would not like it. In fact I loved it. Over the last 18 months she has continued to have it cut shorter and shorter and she now has a short boyish pixie style.

I have to admit it looks superb and I wish she had done it years ago.  I love how it looks and love how beautiful it makes her.  Even though she has worried each time it went shorter she admits she now loves it too.....!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 8:28am
Amanda, there seems to be quite a trend of brand-new posters who are pixie-worshippers!  It seems the word is spreading....  If you love how your wife looks, why did you label your post woman to boy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 9:48am
Just to indicate her move from a traditional womans hair style to the beauty of a boycut
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 2:37pm
I agree with Anne.
That is a strange choice of words. Since beautiful feminine women with short pixie hairstyles don't look anything like a boy, and women have been wearing ultra-short hair for many decades. Your concept is outdated.
Brent
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 2:38pm
They no longer call a pixie, a "boycut". That terminology went out many decades ago. Where do you live anyway? Must be way out in the sticks.
None the less, I am glad you like her new pixie hairstyle.

By the way, just out of curiosity, your name on the website is Amanda Jones, The name Amanda is a woman's name. Yet you have stated that you have a wife.
Are you in a lesbian relationship? Not that I am prejudice, but just curious that you use the name Amanda and you claim to have a wife.
There are others on this website who have mentioned they are gay or lesbian, so you aren't the only one.
And welcome to the website.

Edited by SanFranBrent - July 20 2006 at 2:53am
Brent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 2:57am
Sorry if my terminology was wrong.  I was just hoping to share my experience with you all, how wrong I had been over short hair and how much I now love it
ShorterPlease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShorterPlease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 2:13pm
We all know its just another guy trying to convince more women to go short.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by ShorterPlease ShorterPlease wrote:

We all know its just another guy trying to convince more women to go short.

Very transparent.  It's sad and kind of pathetic. 
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by SanFranBrent SanFranBrent wrote:

Since beautiful feminine women with short pixie hairstyles don't look anything like a boy

What about plain, perhaps unattractive women?  The constant message is that beautiful, feminine women will look ravishing in short hair.  I think that's probably true for many women.  However, if the hair itself is feminine and beautiful, then shouldn't plain and unattractive women also cut their hair short so they can look more feminine and beautiful? 

When the emphasis is always on the feminine, beautiful woman with regards to short hair, it strongly suggests that a plain or unattractive woman needs longer hair to make her look more feminine or beautiful.  I didn't say that was my opinion, but that is the message that comes through when it's mentioned that (once again..) feminine and beautiful women will look wonderful in their short haircuts.  How will plain-looking and overweight women look in their short haircuts? 
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 3:56am

I've noticed a lot of males only seem to like short hair on women they find feminine and beautiful, or they'll say that a woman has to wear make-up and nice earrings to make short hair work.  It's as if they think something is being taken away from a woman when she cuts her hair, and she's gotta put it back by artificially playing up her femininity in other ways.  It's kind of insulting, really.

Personally, I think short hair is an improvement on most women, whether they're plain or beautiful in society's view.  I also don't care whether a woman wears make-up and nice earrings or not, or if she's wearing a skirt or slacks.  *shrugs*  I don't go for the societal expectations of gender roles and stereotypes thing.
More awesome than a manatee!
amybeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amybeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 9:02am
I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW SHALLOW YOU WOMEN ARE!  This is a man who is expressing his opinion about his WIFE!  Quit attacking him for using the term, BOYcut.  Not everyone is as cultured as you all seem to be about HAIR terminology.  It's nice that a man can actually ADMIT he was wrong and that he LOVES how his wife looks.  You all sound like a bunch of lonely feminists!Dead
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 2:25pm
ouch!  This post certainly went down a tough road.  i was curious about the name Amanda also, and he or she never answered that one.  I love women's hair...PERIOD. I love it short, and long, but especially permed or naturally curly. NOW, does she have to wear makeup? no, does she have to do anything I want...no. Most women I know want to look feminine, or sexy in anyway they feel comfortable.
I also like my hair permed and curly. What does that make me?
Tommi
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 4:22am
I knew exactly what amandajones was trying to say in the original post, before the PC brigade jumped on the bandwagon. Amanda thanks for sharing your story and don't let the negative response by some people stop you posting in the future.

Also could you post some pictures of your wifes various hairstyles to show how good they look.

Cheers
S
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 7:57am
Amanda - I've referred to my hair as a "boycut" too.  Not a big deal IMO.

The important thing is that you and her like the cut. Wink
Aishwarya Rai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishwarya Rai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2007 at 10:53pm
Amandajones - (Can u tell me one thing?) But, how come u say it from woman to boy? She is still woman, and short hair is too feminine, rather more, as it makes you look all the more sexier, hotter, modder and more gorgeous!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic