Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vegas: you'll get what you pay for.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vegas: you'll get what you pay for.
    Posted: July 19 2006 at 12:38pm
I was working with an "extensionist" in Las Vegas.  the name of the beauty salon where she has now moved to is called "Total Experience".  They have several beauticians there.  But the one i was working with goes by the name of Storm.  Her  real name is Betty Robinson.  She only charges $275. for a full weave.

A few things i've learned since i've left her. 

#1  Never go to a beautician who keeps re-locating for (personal) reasons, twice to three times a year.  Before Betty arrived, there, she had just left a place that she had only been maybe three months before, and several others  prior to this in Las Vegas.

#2  She had been perming my hair every few months to make the style look "flat".  My new extensionist, does the braids very small, and i can wear a "flat iron" style with no problems.

#3  perming the hair, plus braiding and sewing in the weave will break it off.  My hair has literally grown leaps and bounds since i've been working with my new beautician.  she clips the ends every six weeks, while letting the perm grow out.

#4  Compared to my new beautician in California, Storm's weaves basically look like wigs.  Mainly due to the large braids that she uses.  She claims her braids are small..but by comparison, they are pretty bulky.

#5  If they ask for money, it probably means they don't have the money to pay you back.  Yes, Storm borrowed money from me (her client), and is still making excuses..and it's been about 2 years.

The place in Las Vegas is called Total Experience.  Storm/Betty is a beautician there.  I haven't met the rest of the beauticians, but i sure wished i had gone with one of them years before meeting her.  Storm claims to be a christian - or least go to church.  But her morals seem to contradict her outward presentation to the clients.

Storm's prices are cheap.  but you get what you pay for. 

Edited by femmemuscle - July 19 2006 at 11:45pm
some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic