Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colour tube + developer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colour tube + developer?
    Posted: July 24 2006 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by 222chik222 222chik222 wrote:

Thanks for that info!!
Hrmm shes been hairdressing for a loooong time lol around 30 odd years, has been my hairdresser since i was born (some 20 odd years lol). Shes using the Joico verocolor range. Used to own her own salon but had to quit hairdressing as her day job because of RSI so she just does it from home now.
Hrmm looks like im in a bit of a pickle now lol You seem familiar with the goldwell line, if you were had a client going from level 6 to level 9 with level 10+ highlights, how would you go about lightening the hair and which products would you use?

edited for the dang typos lol

If it's virgin hair.....I'd use Goldwell's Highlift 11 Series to get a 9GB color for the base and then I'd foil in some highlights using 30 Volume and bleach.....if they needed to be toned I'd use 10GB but I can usually get the effect without having to tone the hair...it all depends on how quickly someone lightens with bleach....fine hair tends to lighten quicker and might need to be toned down with 10GB.

222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:45pm
Thanks for that info!!
Hrmm shes been hairdressing for a loooong time lol around 30 odd years, has been my hairdresser since i was born (some 20 odd years lol). Shes using the Joico verocolor range. Used to own her own salon but had to quit hairdressing as her day job because of RSI so she just does it from home now.
Hrmm looks like im in a bit of a pickle now lol You seem familiar with the goldwell line, if you were had a client going from level 6 to level 9 with level 10+ highlights, how would you go about lightening the hair and which products would you use?

edited for the dang typos lol

Edited by 222chik222 - July 24 2006 at 6:46pm
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 8:26am

Thanks for that Claude, i think im slowly getting my head around the whole colour situation.

Just a question, you mention not trying to lighten already coloured hair..as a level 6 wanting to be a level 9-10, my hairdresser was going to lighten me up to a level 8 (light brown/blonde) then wait a week, then lighten me to a level 9-10 blonde with cream colour (adding bleach foils for the white blonde).

This should technically work shouldnt it? At a guess shed be using 40vol developer but said she would under no circomestances bleach my hair :( i just want to be a blondie! lol

Putting artificial color over previously colored hair will NOT and I repeat NOT lighten the artificial pigment that was already in the previously colored hair. It is one of the fundamental laws of color.

Once hair is previously colored the only way to lighten that color is by bleaching the hair. As for bleaching a stylist should never! NEVER EVER use 40 volume and bleach on someone's hair regardless if they are in foils only or not. If ya want fried hair 40 vol & Bleach will do it for ya. Just curious how long has this stylist been a hairstylist?

Well G'luck in whatever ya choose to do. Personally I'd say to the stylist that your hair is previously colored and that other hairstylists in the past told you that color will not lighten previously colored hair and see what she says. Ask her what color line she is using? If she looks at you with a confused look on her face she might not know...LOL. Take that few minutes to get up and leave the salon and find another stylist. Is this a chain salon like Fantastic Sam's or Regis?

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 11:55pm
Thanks for that Claude, i think im slowly getting my head around the whole colour situation.

Just a question, you mention not trying to lighten already coloured hair..as a level 6 wanting to be a level 9-10, my hairdresser was going to lighten me up to a level 8 (light brown/blonde) then wait a week, then lighten me to a level 9-10 blonde with cream colour (adding bleach foils for the white blonde).

This should technically work shouldnt it? At a guess shed be using 40vol developer but said she would under no circomestances bleach my hair :( i just want to be a blondie! lol

Edited by 222chik222 - July 23 2006 at 11:57pm
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 9:56am

with salon colour, do they mix the tube of colour with a developer before applying it?

Tube or Bottle of HairColor depends, if it's a cream color it's in a tube and if it's liquid it's in a bottle. Typically the mixing ratio is 1:1 color to developer. For more information read my Introduction to HairColor at the top of the HairColor Forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 3:13am
with salon colour, do they mix the tube of colour with a developer before applying it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic