Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedlong to chin length?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
browneyedgirl83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 11:29pm
1- I do like my new hairstyle
2- I do as I please with my hair... while I do welcome other opinions, there are few people whose opinions will change my mind.
3- my hair is short-er... even I think that it is hardly short enough for it to make a difference in whether it is flattering to my face. That said, Trekgod.. please be careful about your comments. A few years ago you would have made me cry.. thankfully I am a much more secure adult now. Girls are sensitive about their "features." What you said could be strongly misinterpreted. I am going to choose to believe you didn't phrase it correctly...
4- I may go shorter, may not.. if I do it will be on my own perogative.
5- I grew up in a religious organization full of long-hair loving men. I'm sure they would be abhorred. I knew that when I did this... every boyfriend I ever had, every guy friend I ever had always told me not to cut my hair... while that is a compliment, this is a refreshing change, both with they style and the attitude of my current boyfriend about it.
6- That is not the same Brent on my myspace.. but any of you are welcome to friend me.
7- peace.

(Isn't Josh (my bf) a good photographer?)

Edited by browneyedgirl83 - August 09 2006 at 12:17am
anne6000 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 12:47am
Originally posted by browneyedgirl83 browneyedgirl83 wrote:

2- I do as I please with my hair... while I do welcome other opinions, there are few people whose opinions will change my mind.

That's the way it should be.  Your first few posts said how important compliments were to you, but I think your opinion is the most vital. 

The problem with soliciting opinions, whether on or off the net, is, that they may not all be what you wish.

I must also give you kudos for bravely posting your pic for dissection. 
Heratic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 12:49am

I wish people would stop insulting Browneyedgirl's intelligence (and equally all other posters on the boards - including on both long and short hair.)

Browneyedgirl had by her own admission been thinking of cutting her hair shorter for some time.  On finding the site there are a number of forums - all of which have equal prominence -  the short hair board does not occupy any more screenspace than any other.  She wanted suggestions and support to cut her hair hence chooses to post on the short hair forum, which was the most appropriate for her at the time.

If she had been getting pressured to cut her hair by friends, family etc she may have chosen to post on the longhair board for support and advice on how to deal with this issue, or equally on the haircolour board if she had been wanting to go blonde or whatever - but its her choice.

Depending on the answers a person wants will determine where they post - so lets accept people have a free choice where to post and do so of their own free will. 

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
makeitshort View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 11:39am
Originally posted by browneyedgirl83 browneyedgirl83 wrote:

1- I do like my new hairstyle

(Isn't Josh (my bf) a good photographer?)

It does look terrific & yes he is.

P.S.  This thread has really gotten out of hand.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic