Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Festival Wear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liv_t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liv_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Festival Wear
    Posted: July 22 2006 at 2:45pm
Does anyone have some tips or ideas on what to wear to festivals. I'm talking the music festival kind, this one happens to be dance orientated. Seeing as i can't see myself wanting to don a pair of neon pink hot pants and fury boots anytime soon i'm looking for a few ideas.

At the moment i thought a summer dress, simple white or black knee length with vintage cowboy boots for the probably muddy patches and flipflops for during the day/when it's dry.
Other than that i considered just a jeans and t-shirt combo, but i wanted something a little more interesting...

I know it's going to be sweaty and mucky and of course it's all about the music not looking good, but you can't blame a girl for trying now can you!

Any festival wear ideas would be much appreciated!
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 3:50pm
on festival i am best satisfied in jeans and t-shirt... you can't blame girl for feeling good, can you? :)
anyway, summer dress is nice- i just don't recommend anything white (dress, pants...), cos it gets dirty very easily.
also cowboy boots--- too hot for summer festival, i think/
go with jeans and some hot top with nice decollete ...
forget about high heels ... maybe espadrillas, cos they are easy to stand,dance in, but anything with thin highheel- forget it!
anyway, no matter how good you want to look, it is really nest to think how you feel in it... you are going to enjoy there, not suffer...

btw, what kind of festival is that, i mean what music? Where?
liv_t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liv_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:50pm
Hey, thank you for your advise! I'm now thinking jeans and a band t, black summer dress, and handkerchief short skirt with a plain vest top for the evenings. All combined with the trustly flipflops, and i'll pack the ol' cowboys jusy incase of rain/boggy ground. Pack a spare t-shirt, vest top and skirt, and maybe a pair of pumps and i'm all set. Also, after much searching I finally found a straw cowboy hat i like, success! It will go well with the messy hair i hope.

It's coming up this weekend, Global Gathering, a dance festival, I do love a good rave to a bit of trance, triphop, dnb, electronica. Should be an experience I certainly won't forget in a hurry!
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:45am
oh.... i wish i could be there (where is this?)
no good festivals here (Exit was in the begining of july, but no interesting names there ... )
have a great time!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic