Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yo i know dis a off topic but dis is wack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
hhustla101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhustla101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yo i know dis a off topic but dis is wack
    Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:24pm
These men have shown that it is socially acceptable to not look like a gang-banger and yet maintain street credibility. You can wear a tee-shirt that’s not XXXXXXL and still be hood. It is more than acceptable to wear a button-up oxford shirt with some nice-fitting jeans like Jay-Z and still rep the streets. Some of these men have made more money than any other artist in the Hip Hop world and have managed to not look like criminals while performing and have earned the respect and admiration of the world.

LET’S MAKE A PLEDGE MY FELLOW n****S, ALL TOGETHER NOW:

-I will no longer wear golf shirts that go below my ass in length.

-I will wear something other than Jeans on occasion. Dress pants will appear in my closet.

-I will wear a shirt that does not have a huge logo advertising the company that made it.

-I will no longer, as a self-respecting human being, wear shorts that are as long as pants and almost reach my shoes.

-My closet will no longer feature any shirts that are larger than XXL.

-I will buy something other than Air Force 1s.

-I will buy a suit and own a tie from this day forth.

-I will not own more than one pair of Timberland Boots (Unless I am a construction worker).

-I am not required by law to only wear RocaWear, Sean John, Phat Farm, ECHO and Enyce clothing.

-I will stop only shopping at Athlete’s World, Foot Locker, the Phat Farm Store and Urban World.

-I will learn to visit The Bay, GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, Guess and Mexx and actually make a purchase.

-My winter coat will no longer make me look like the Michelin Tire man. I will drop the puffy coat and purchase a nice wool coat that can be worn to the office and to the club.

-If I wear a picture-tee shirt, it will feature a respectable figure such as Michael Jordan, Martin Luther King Jr or JFK and not LIl’Weezy or Young Jeezy showing off their gold and platinum teeth!

-Finally, my jeans will no longer hang below my ass. The world does not need to see the underwear that I’m wearing.

It is important that we present ourselves to the world as dignified young men and not as shady individuals with criminal intent. The society we live in is already filled with prejudice and hatred for the black man, let’s not give the haters any more reasons to hold us back in our cause and quest to be on level playing field with the white man.

Clothes don’t necessarily make the man, but they do give society a glimpse into the mind of the man wearing them. If you look sloppy, how can you expect the world to take you seriously? You must look like someone who respects himself and who deserves to be respected by others, and by dressing with an "I don’t give a f**k" attitude, you will never earn that respect and will only provide additional ammunition to those who hate you. Besides, unless you’re only interested in hood rats who love thugs, by dressing appropriately and elegantly you will attract the finest women, and if that’s not enough of a motivating factor, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhustla101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:25pm
ummm ididnt write dat i found it on dis web site........wat yall think about it
dutchmasterz04 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:02pm

I read it and i agree. I been wit that movement for da last couple months. Ive been wearin my jeans a lot smaller and shirts that fit. No obscene jewelry. The only thing i cant get rid of is my durags i donno i dont feel comfortable witout them. I no longer wear them for fashion but to hold my hair in place. Im jus tryin to cut wearing them outside down.

Frizzle1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by hhustla101 hhustla101 wrote:

These men have shown that it is socially acceptable to not look like a gang-banger and yet maintain street credibility. You can wear a tee-shirt that’s not XXXXXXL and still be hood. It is more than acceptable to wear a button-up oxford shirt with some nice-fitting jeans like Jay-Z and still rep the streets. Some of these men have made more money than any other artist in the Hip Hop world and have managed to not look like criminals while performing and have earned the respect and admiration of the world.

LET’S MAKE A PLEDGE MY FELLOW n****S, ALL TOGETHER NOW:

-I will no longer wear golf shirts that go below my ass in length.

-I will wear something other than Jeans on occasion. Dress pants will appear in my closet.

-I will wear a shirt that does not have a huge logo advertising the company that made it.

-I will no longer, as a self-respecting human being, wear shorts that are as long as pants and almost reach my shoes.

-My closet will no longer feature any shirts that are larger than XXL.

-I will buy something other than Air Force 1s.

-I will buy a suit and own a tie from this day forth.

-I will not own more than one pair of Timberland Boots (Unless I am a construction worker).

-I am not required by law to only wear RocaWear, Sean John, Phat Farm, ECHO and Enyce clothing.

-I will stop only shopping at Athlete’s World, Foot Locker, the Phat Farm Store and Urban World.

-I will learn to visit The Bay, GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, Guess and Mexx and actually make a purchase.

-My winter coat will no longer make me look like the Michelin Tire man. I will drop the puffy coat and purchase a nice wool coat that can be worn to the office and to the club.

-If I wear a picture-tee shirt, it will feature a respectable figure such as Michael Jordan, Martin Luther King Jr or JFK and not LIl’Weezy or Young Jeezy showing off their gold and platinum teeth!

-Finally, my jeans will no longer hang below my ass. The world does not need to see the underwear that I’m wearing.

It is important that we present ourselves to the world as dignified young men and not as shady individuals with criminal intent. The society we live in is already filled with prejudice and hatred for the black man, let’s not give the haters any more reasons to hold us back in our cause and quest to be on level playing field with the white man.

Clothes don’t necessarily make the man, but they do give society a glimpse into the mind of the man wearing them. If you look sloppy, how can you expect the world to take you seriously? You must look like someone who respects himself and who deserves to be respected by others, and by dressing with an "I don’t give a f**k" attitude, you will never earn that respect and will only provide additional ammunition to those who hate you. Besides, unless you’re only interested in hood rats who love thugs, by dressing appropriately and elegantly you will attract the finest women, and if that’s not enough of a motivating factor, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Dawg, i been like this since last fall. I ditched all that bs baggy ish because i felt it was time to upgrade my wardrobe because i am in college now and i don't wanta be dressin like a lil kid no mo. U know it's time to change yo' wardrobe when lil 13 year old asian kids are rockin the same gear as you.

On the real tho, i don't even shop or wear all that Roca Wear and stuff anymore. I be wearin Lacoste polos and argyles alot and the only jeans i be rockin now have been Diesels, 7s, or just some plain ole 501s. However, i've started buyin more Lrg now because they have more fitted clothes.

Lately tho, i've been gettin sidetracked with the Bapes, Evisus, and Red Monkeys. I have a feelin tho those Red Monkeys will be outta style by next fall because those mugs are too damn expensive and i already see spots in my city where they be sellin bootlegs. I was dumb enuff to get the real thing at Fox Hills but i still regret it till this day. I coulda bought like 3 pairs of shoes wit dat money or maybe and xbox360. hahah.

As for shoes, hah. U got me on dat one. Sorry, i can't get over Air Force 1s. Theyz ma first tru loves. Even over J's and Dunks. But the good news is that i only be gettin rare forces now. No more all whites all the time. And i been kinda gettin into them slipon vans too. i don't even be messin wit Timbs anymore because they don't look good with fitted jeans.

So all in all, i growned out of that thug look and the biggest shirt i wear now be like a 2x. However, i've been knowned to throw on a white tee every once in a while because it's too dam hot to be wearing two layers of clothing.
young_africa View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:07pm
yup  i ditched that 2 years ago. i wear fitted clothing ONLY. i am a grown man i cant be goin to work in a 3 xl white tee and baggy jeans. i stopped that after i graduated highskool.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhustla101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:14pm
damn ya wats goin on ......u know da white man tryana keep us down.....
bLaZe332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bLaZe332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 8:04pm

I for one still wear baggy jeans (sz 36w X 34L to 38w X 34L) and big tee's (no larger than XXL except for jerseys). But there is a way to balance the look so its not sloppy lookin. I've had dozens of compliments fo ma style, by all races black, white, ect. I dont think the way a person dresses should be put into race, anybody can dress any way. Shoes I feel goes with the occasion for examlpe, I would never wear air forces to a wedding or church. As for the jewlery, once again occasion. You wouldn' t wear a huge chain with a tailored suit. 
       To sum this all up, by the way im still in high school, styles depend on the time and place. Once baggy gets old, something new will replace it.(I dont think we need to call it a Gangsta fashion anymore, but a Hip Hop/ Urban fashion). You can wear baggy gear to chill, but still wear a suit to the office nah mean... and remember balance is key. Chuch!
http://myspace.com/datnigeriann****

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:21am

Originally posted by bLaZe332 bLaZe332 wrote:

I for one still wear baggy jeans (sz 36w X 34L to 38w X 34L) and big tee's (no larger than XXL except for jerseys). But there is a way to balance the look so its not sloppy lookin. I've had dozens of compliments fo ma style, by all races black, white, ect. I dont think the way a person dresses should be put into race, anybody can dress any way. Shoes I feel goes with the occasion for examlpe, I would never wear air forces to a wedding or church. As for the jewlery, once again occasion. You wouldn' t wear a huge chain with a tailored suit. 
       To sum this all up, by the way im still in high school, styles depend on the time and place. Once baggy gets old, something new will replace it.(I dont think we need to call it a Gangsta fashion anymore, but a Hip Hop/ Urban fashion). You can wear baggy gear to chill, but still wear a suit to the office nah mean... and remember balance is key. Chuch!

U definetely right dawg, about the time and place. I mean, if i was still in highschool, i'd probably still be wearin nothin but white tees and baggy jeans with forces or timbs. But i also feel that as i mature mentally, i gotta show it too. I don't wanta be seen a younger person other wise i prolly get treated like one.

No disrespect to anyone who still dresses this way.

PS, i tried to pull that Kanye West preppy ish earlier this year, with the Blazer over the argyle sweater and dress shirt, and some brothas walkin past me in that baggy white tee ish, said out loud" Wake up, Mr. West" from that Kanye West song with Bernie Mac. Instead of gettin angry, i was rollin for a minute because they was right. I was bightin hard dat day with the whole preppy boy ensemble.

Edited by Frizzle1986 - July 25 2006 at 2:22am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhustla101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Frizzle1986 Frizzle1986 wrote:

Originally posted by bLaZe332 bLaZe332 wrote:

[QUOTE=hhustla101]damn ya wats goin on ......u know da white man tryana keep us down.....

PS, i tried to pull that Kanye West preppy ish earlier this year, with the Blazer over the argyle sweater and dress shirt, and some brothas walkin past me in that baggy white tee ish, said out loud" Wake up, Mr. West" from that Kanye West song with Bernie Mac. Instead of gettin angry, i was rollin for a minute because they was right. I was bightin hard dat day with the whole preppy boy ensemble.

lol das funny but im still in highschool bout to be a sophmore but i guess dats y i think its wack
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:54pm
You dont have to dress preppy but jus have it fitted. Baggy clothes are out of style anyway. Unfortunately we get bad looks no matter wat we wear. Cuz i was on da train and i had a full suit on goin to an interview no durag or anything no earring fresh cut. And i was standing behind this white guy and he had his bag all out in front of me. And he kept lookin back at me it seems like he was lookin to make sure i wasnt gona steal anything. I SHOULDVE ROBBED HIS ASS JUS TO PROVE HIM RITE.
TMurda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMurda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 4:35pm

lol that part was funny to me cuz its so true. but yea i agree with a lot of the stuff said in that
Spinnin_smoov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnin_smoov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 5:06pm

yo who wears echo and phatpharm anymore...who eva wrote that be around some pop ni99ass

Im THe ReaSOn urbody gEttin braids
Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 9:47pm
lol true
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizzle1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:32pm

You know when a brand is dying when u see lil 12 year old asian kids rockin dat ish. The final nail in the coffin is when u see 50 year old white guys wearin it. That when it is time to retire tha brand.

Remember Southpole and Fubu?  that was the "ish" back then.
gotwaves740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 1:26pm
yea i dont be on that baggy sh*t any more now i rock lacoste, banana republic and abercrombie and fitch with some pumas.  
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 1:32pm
I work in abercrombie an fitch i didnt even kno they had hot clothes until i started workin there. I wouldnt have ever shopped there until now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 1:42pm
yea i got this jacket at home it is hot

http://www.ioffer.com/img/1124348400/_i/7887154/1.jpg
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 2:20pm
Yeah i b buyin stuff from my store. I get a nice lil discount
young_africa View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 2:21pm
abercrombie, banana repblic ralph lauren, hollister and guess most of my stuff comes from there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 2:25pm
i get most of my stuff from ebay since it's a lot cheaper; but you have to watch out for fakes 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic