Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help.
    Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:53pm

My makeup just doesn't work with me. I put on Maybelline's Pure Makeup on my nose, chin, and around my mouth, then put on covergirl's invisible conceler. Then I put Lorea's Infallible makeup on my cheeks to cover my freckles. I looks good until I put the conceler on then I look white and vampire like. I saw the Miss Universe pagent and they were using some whipped makeup, I don't remeber what brand it was, but it looked like it had great coverage. Can someone reccomend a good brand? Also I have oily skin.

tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:38am
maybe is concealer one shade too light? 
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:19pm
Hmmmm...just a thought, but maybe you are using too many products?

I heard that the whipped foundations are great (Maybelline and Avon both manufacture this product) but better suited for dry skin types.

From what I gather, you are looking for products you can purchase at a drug store, something that provides decent coverage, and something that does not cause breakouts?

Try starting with an oil-free liquid concealer to cover blemishes and imperfections (Maybelline's True Illusion is pretty good). Follow up with a powder foundation that provides both coverage and oil control. I have found that powder foundations work best with oily skin. Cover Girl makes a product called Fresh Complexion, which is oil free.

I hope this helps!
Follow Your Bliss
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 12:40pm
I cannot use powder. I have little fine hairs on my face that usually aren't noticeable. As soon as I put on powder it clings to them and they are totally obvious.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 2:12pm

Hmm! I gather your biggest concern is covering those freckles... I'm I wrong?. If you want something with great coverage and that would cover those freckels, try Dermablend. All you will need is the foundation. It will cover any freckels, marks, scars etc. And you will only need to use one product instead of 5 differenct ones. My mom used to wear it when she went thought this weird period where she developed these really dark, and really big stains, or marks (like a pregnancy mask or something) on her face. We had no idea why or how she got them. But she had a big one almost on her whole forehead, and one that extended from one cheek, went over the nose, all the way over to her other cheek. She found Dermablend on her desprate seach and it was a miracle. Some members of my father's side of the family started to gossip that she secrectly had cosmectic surgery LOL (I really got a kick out of that one). Her skin looked flawless. So give that a try. It might work for you.

Good luck, Shary
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 2:15pm
Oh!, and if you want to try powder, just wax those little hairs girl. Trust me, I wax my brows and the little hairs on my upper lip(yes I have those, you can hardly see them, but I know they are there and it drives me crazy LOL) all the time. Once I got used to it, it was nothing. I use the avon wax kit. It's great. So there is another choice for you.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 4:20pm
 i wax too just ewww i couldnt imagine not doing it.
Babycheeks
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

Oh!, and if you want to try powder, just wax those little hairs girl. Trust me, I wax my brows and the little hairs on my upper lip(yes I have those, you can hardly see them, but I know they are there and it drives me crazy LOL) all the time. Once I got used to it, it was nothing. I use the avon wax kit. It's great. So there is another choice for you.

I heard that waxing/shaving hairs like that on the face will make them come back darker, longer, and thicker. Is that true or just a beauty myth?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 12:14am
Waxing will actually make them come out thinner. The more you wax the thinner the hair gets. As you keep pulling the hair out the cuticle becomes weaker so thinner hair will come out.

Now shaving... yes it is true, when you shave, the hair comes out darker and thicker. I found that out the hard way the first time I decided to shave my bikini line LOL!
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

Waxing will actually make them come out thinner. The more you wax the thinner the hair gets. As you keep pulling the hair out the cuticle becomes weaker so thinner hair will come out.

Now shaving... yes it is true, when you shave, the hair comes out darker and thicker. I found that out the hard way the first time I decided to shave my bikini line LOL!

Thanks for the info! 
Cindycool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindycool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 6:29pm
omg lol, i love getting bikini waxed, jk lol, check out this really cool site i stumbled upon: http://cgore2.qbeautyzone.com/products/Thumbnail.aspx?ctg=12603&ast=401251&rtl=12603
leighann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 12:50am
Este Lauder concealer works really well for hiding blemishes or freckles I would stick with a liquid foundation if your skin is on the dry side. a nice whipped foundation is by Este Lauder or if you want to go cheaper matte mousse at target works well too.

aniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 7:45am

ARTIFICIAL METHODS - USING MEDICATIONS AND CREAMS

There are a number of medications; creams and acne blemish treatments that can be used to reduce the appearance of acne scars. When choosing an acne scar treatment, you need to consider the severity of your acne scars, the type of acne scars you have and the type of skin you have. It is best to talk to a pharmacist or beautician who can advise you on the best type of treatment for your acne scars and skin.

Mild scars can often be successfully treated with bleaching creams that are bought over the counter. It will usually take six weeks before there is any improvement. If these creams do not work, doctors can prescribe stronger creams, which are used in conjunction with retinoid creams. The retinoid creams will also help prevent acne.

Edited by aniel - September 15 2008 at 7:45am
offred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2009 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Precious Girl Precious Girl wrote:

My makeup just doesn't work with me. I put on Maybelline's Pure Makeup on my nose, chin, and around my mouth, then put on covergirl's invisible conceler. Then I put Lorea's Infallible makeup on my cheeks to cover my freckles. I looks good until I put the conceler on then I look white and vampire like. I saw the Miss Universe pagent and they were using some whipped makeup, I don't remeber what brand it was, but it looked like it had great coverage. Can someone reccomend a good brand? Also I have oily skin.

Estee Lauder is by far the greatest Foundation I have used and I have used many of them. I have freckles just like you and I die and kill to cover them.

First of all, I don't know how old you are but regardless of your age, you don't need to use all complexion stuff. When it is a special occassion, it's OK to use foundation, powder and concealer altogether but during day, a compact foundation is more than enough. Since it is only one product, it's OK if it's a bit pricey. Go for Estee Ideal Matte. It's done wonders for me.

Remove unwanted hair from your face. They look more visible under make up. Waxing is painless and looks nice:)) Hope this helps:))
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic